Primary and Secondary DNS numbers

yoke

Guppy
ok, after 2 days trying out the TRIAL version, we are ready to move our stuff to your server.

here's the question...

what's your Primary and Secondary DNS numbers?
i registered my domain name with another company.
happy with them.
don't want to switch.
but, i found your hosting plan to be better.
i wanted to be able to just POINT my current domain to your DNS.

is this even possible?
if yes, what's your Primary and Secondary DNS numbers?
can't find this anywhere in your forums or FAQ or knowledge base.

You get IPs assigned when you sign up for the reseller account. If you want to make the transfer with a minimum of downtime, here's an idea:

If possible, lower the TTL for the DNS entries you'll be moving to a low value, such as 300 (5 minutes). You can then create the new accounts on your Jodohost account, change the customer's FTP password on the old server, transfer the files over to Jodohost, then adjust your old host's DNS entries to what they should be according to the H-Sphere interface here.

You can make custom records here, but if you also create the actual accounts AND set up short TTL records to the old host you'll get some conflicting records which could cause problems.

If your old host doesn't allow full DNS zone freedom like that you can consider temporarely using everydns.net DNS servers. You'll have to donate them 15 dollars to be able to set a custom (low) TTL though, but the servers work fine for the transisition period if it helps in a smooth transition for the customer. Simple website won't need to be down at all, and dynamic sites only need to be down for 5 minutes. They will have to be unupdatable for probably a little longer while you transfer everything to the new server and make sure it works.

To test your customer's website, you can use a stopgap domain, or you can set the appriopriate Jodohost IP as HTTP Proxy on port 80 in your browser. This will insure your browser will connect to Jodohost for the site you want to test, no matter what the DNS says.

SubSpace said:
You get IPs assigned when you sign up for the reseller account.....

this is the BASIC plan not RESELLER PLAN.

imagine i registered my domain name with GODADDY.COM.
just the domain name not the hosting plan.
i will need to go to GODADDY CONTROL PANEL and set the PRIMARY & SECONDARY DNS numbers to point to JODOHOST.

and so, my question is....
what is THAT Primary & Secondary DNS numbers for me to configure on GODADDY.COM?
i DO NOT want to transfer my domain from GODDAY.COM to JODOHOST.
i just need to configure the Primary & Secondary DNS numbers.

and what is that magic number? ?(

Primary DNS server: ns1.jodoshared.com 66.36.230.189
Secondary DNS server: ns2.jodoshared.com 66.36.228.155

here you go !

Back