Problem with colation secuence

lazario

Guppy
I am having problems with an ASP - Sql-Server database site.

Don't know how to solve it.

The colation sequence in the database is Hebrew, although the languaje conteined in the fields is spanish.

When I show the characters with asp they are not ok.

http://www.leyendas.co.il/default_1.asp

What shall I do ?

Thank you

have you thought / tried setting the charecter set .. to the correct set , which ever its ment to be displaied in.. ?

apart from tha tim not sure.

Don't know how. Sorry

Emagine said:
have you thought / tried setting the charecter set .. to the correct set , which ever its ment to be displaied in.. ?

apart from tha tim not sure.

I believe Ranjan set the collation to spanish on this for you.

Do you have a codepage LCID set in the coding to tell it spanish is the language? That would be all else I can think of.

Stephen said:
I believe Ranjan set the collation to spanish on this for you.

Sorry, Ranjan didn't set the collation yet. It is still in Hebrew_CI_AS.

Do you have a codepage LCID set in the coding to tell it spanish is the language? That would be all else I can think of.

Regardind this, yes I tried LCID but didn't work, but I think this is because of the collation of the database.

We modified the Database Collation to Spanish, but it only makes new tables in spanish, the old tables are stuck in the collation they are in. The way to change it would be to login as your main DBO account and issue the command ALTER TABLE table_name COLLATE Modern_spanish_ci_as

You will have to use Query Analyzer and do that for each table already created

Stephen said:
We modified the Database Collation to Spanish, but it only makes new tables in spanish, the old tables are stuck in the collation they are in. The way to change it would be to login as your main DBO account and issue the command ALTER TABLE table_name COLLATE Modern_spanish_ci_as

You will have to use Query Analyzer and do that for each table already created
-----------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your suggestion but looks too difficult, I did this:

I have my own Sql-Server online and did some tests, I made this work !!!.

Original restored database from backup has Colation: Hebrew_CI_AS

I created one new empty database with Modern_Spanish_CI_AS

After created I imported all the data from the original and all the tables where created ok with the new colation secuence.

No need changes in ASP pages either. !!!

Ok, What I need now is to do the same, or something similar to the database hosted at JodoHost.

I began creating a second database: admley_leyendas2005

But this doesen't work, in fact I don't know what colation is using this new table.

It MUST BE Modern_Spanish_CI_AS

If it is not, this should be deleted, created again, and the data from the original ( admin_leyendas ) imported to the new one.

I will check this, if it doesn't work, we can delete both databases, restore the original backup and create the second database as instructed above with Modern_Spanish_CI_AS.

Still can't access chat.

Thank you

Back