Problem with Communiy Server 2.0

Wheemer

Perch
I have installed Community Server 2.0 for testing. I also added the PM addon from this thread: http://communityserver.com/forums/thread/520481.aspx

After completing the modifications my site now gives this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: ?

Source Error:

Line 196: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 197: <add assembly="System.Web.Mobile, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 198: <add assembly="*"/>
Line 199: </assemblies>
Line 200: </compilation>

Source File: c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config Line: 198

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Websoft.CS.Controls' could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = Websoft.CS.Controls
(Partial)
LOG: Appbase = file:///D:/hshome/wheemer/reid.be
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===

LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference: Websoft.CS.Controls
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/2fba5f53/e637e2c5/Websoft.CS.Controls.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/2fba5f53/e637e2c5/Websoft.CS.Controls/Websoft.CS.Controls.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/hshome/wheemer/reid.be/bin/Websoft.CS.Controls.DLL.
WRN: Comparing the assembly name resulted in the mismatch: NAME

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

Any help on this is appreciated, and I've already posted this on the communityserver website too, I just thought this might have something to do with Jodo specifically.

Thanks
Steve

That is an odd error, I have two CS 2.0 sites, I will try that mod on it tonight and see if it breaks :)

thanks man, really appreciate it... .Net is all new to me...

Are you running your sites in 1.1 or 2.0?

I have that compiled dll I made myself if you need it.

I have one in 1.1 and one in 2.0 :)

I have some messages at the CS forums as well, I had them both 1.1 and one of them has issues with deleting posts in the forums.

Can you send me that DLL?

I have everything I need to compile it I believe, but I'd like to try with the one you did, and if needed I can do another one.

If you can just make a zip and give me a link I will get to it as soon as possible, tonight or tomorrow morning.

Did you find any time to give this a shot Stephen?

I'm not getting any help over at communityserver.com.

Thanks

I have the same issue, but did not try to recompile it, I will attempt to give this a shot today.

Just thought about something, you used VS2005 to compile this DLL didn't you?

Hrm, maybe this will ONLY run in ASPNET2 since that is the case, I will next test this.

I just ran the command line mentioned in the thread I linked to above... I don't have VS installed at all.

I was under the impression the dll was being compiled by the .net 1.1 I have installed on this workstation?

Ah, ok, I did see that, so basically nothing was changed, and it should have worked.

oh well, I have no idea why it didn't work. And the folk at communityserver.com don't seem to be responding with any help.

It was only a test really.

Back