Problem with emails going through.

Luke

Guppy
Hi,

I am a reseller and one of my clients is having problems sending emails to @rogers.com domains. I would assume the mail server IP has been blacklisted, so how do I go about getting it off the blacklist?

My clients receive no error message, the email just doesn't make it through.

Thanks in advance
Luke

Typically when blacklisted you get a bounce back from them within several hours.

It is possible some server was blacklisted, they get listed sometimes for very odd reasons (legit mails get reported as spam, not even remotely spam like, for example), and occasionally some spam will make it out, the nature of the reseller business, but we do police it heavily and stop mail services and clean up if found.

Without a bounce to know what caused the non delivery we can't do a lot. We may can aid some investigation with some details on ticket.

Hi. We also work with Canadian domains!. However this is not the case here. We had a similar problem and ... it is JodoHost's local IP that is blacklisted all the time. So it is impossible to send emails using the local host.

They asked us to change all domain smtp's to a different port. And to use your own domain's SMTP.

However, as you'll find out, there are a lot of setting needed to overcome Rogers and Telus' relaying and forwarding requirements. All of which just don't seem to work seemlessly.

For instance, when using a Bell Hot Spot, or some other ISP like Telus, you cannot sent emails out because of their Relay denial services.

But talk to JodoHost tech to help you change the web's smtp settings.
that's a start. And then add your relay options to your clients web mail settings.

Alan

Hi. We also work with Canadian domains!. However this is not the case here. We had a similar problem and ... it is JodoHost's local IP that is blacklisted all the time. So it is impossible to send emails using the local host.
Hello,

Not sure what you mean our IP is blacklisted all the time, I think you may be confusing that with outside mail server SMTP being always blocked? that is a standard practice and changing to something like port 587 normally gets around port 25 blocks that ISPs have in place, but a port 25 block is to stop local SMTP servers from being put on cable/dsl clients to make direct spam bots out of them with trojans. The port 587 then allows mail submission to an outside mail server with authentication.

Back