Problem with extra domain payment

Hello!
I'm on Value Windows plan, Account #3759, I pay for the hosting on semi-yearly base. Last billing period I paid $53.70 instead of $41.70 because I hosted 4 domains on this account (one is for $2 per month additionally). Same day I removed one domain but my semi-year cost stayed the same. Well I paid $41.70 and now my account is -$12 overdue. I wonder why I need to pay for service I no longer use? Can I pay just $2 for this month even if extra domain was in service just one day?
I opened ticket but received suggestion to send e-mail to billing_at_jodohost.com which I did twice but got back only reminders to pay my balance every two days.
Thanks!
Vitaly Zayko

Submit a ticket and we will forward to billing and be able to track the ticket.

After that post the ticket number here and I will keep an eye on it.

I just checked your Billing Statements. I found that last time you paid extra for a different domain and this time the domain is different.

See Hsphere is a system that works on automation. When you added an extra domain (over the number of domains allowed by your plan) you are chareged immeditely as this process alters your plan resources. This is an automatic process. That's why we recommand our customers to clear things first then go for it instead of playing with CP.

You should have contacted us when you did extra domain addition and was charged. Now best solution is to clear the full dues this time.

I didn't know that it is important for billing which domain I removed.
Do you mean I have to pay extra for 6 months even if I have just 3 damains? Sounds like I got this problem because I switched to semi-year payment plan instead to pay monthly.
Can I just close this account, get my money back and open new one?

No, you need not to change your plan. you can just change the billing period from 6 months to one month and remaining amount will be used to credit your account for future payments.

I don't think switching to a semi-year plan has to do something with it. It is concerned more with the way it is used.

It is not as easy as it looks to just close one and open a new account. So I would recommand you to use this as last option.

Just to add to clarity; AFAIK, HSphere is set to inform CP user who activates any billable resources that advises you of charges you are about to accrue. Clicking to proceed will automatically incurr those charges into your billing account. Likewise, while cancelling additional resources signed-up earlier, users are agin prompted and advised of rebate to be effected.

Having said this, I am also aware that HSphere does a pro-rata rebate whenever any resources that are billed outside of the basic hosting plan are cancelled at any time. It takes the average number of days the resoiurces were used/signed-up and rebates unused portions. Of course this rebate factor is host adjustable to allow certain refund percentages. These values are set for resellers when configuring hosting plans.

SysImage said:
I......mean I have to pay extra for 6 months even if I have just 3 damains? Sounds like I got this problem because I switched to semi-year payment plan instead to pay monthly. .................
AFAIK, HSphere is an advanced, Rolls-Royce class panel; billing period should not effect the pro-rata billing/rebate processes.

Back