problem with mssql3 ?

I am spending most of my time working on it today, trying to isolate users using 20+ logins (a sign of not closing connections)

Any update ?

Still the same here....
crash1.gif

MM

I am manually changing some things, it is taking a while, and will be quite a while longer.

Stephen said:
I am spending most of my time working on it today, trying to isolate users using 20+ logins (a sign of not closing connections)
Sounds like a classic case of poorly written code being reused all over the place.

In ASP you have to always remember -

Recordset.Close (or something like that)

Hatton

MSSQL2 was having the same error, the ram upgrade fully fixed it, but no such luck on MSSQL3.

However, I have really tuned mssql3 server a lot now, what I am reading now is that it could be on the webserver side, if people still having problems could PM or otherwise list what server they are on, I will see if it is a common server and maybe a maxconnection being met of the webserver instead of the SQL server.

Over the last 6 hours MSSQL3 is averaging less than 10%(most of the time sitting at 0-1%, so I am being very liberal on the average) cpu, with 3 few second long spikes to 70%, and still has 30% free memory.

This is begining to piss me off abit now,...
Still happening...

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005'

[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

/forum/includes/pm_check_inc.asp, line 67

Same problem, same codes all the time, you guys changed, upgraded the memory last night, so thats rulled out...

Im Just paid for the yearly Platinum account, and am about to upgrade at the end of the week to the yearly Titanium..

It was,has,is a prob Ive had since last November..

Im looking at going from 100 to 4000+ forum members in a few weeks...!!!

Please convince me you can fix this...

MM

Hehhe...

Its happening more often :(

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005'
[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

/forum/default.asp, line 347

MM

Also as a final, final option....

If this is behond your control, how should I proceed.

Using the Forum programe at the moment, in my case webwiz.

I DONT want to loose any data...

And as this problem also effects the main .net site you are hosting, where do I go from here...?

Im not a noob, but im no way an even slight expert in this field, and was recomended your as a host, by one of my staff, who has never, ever had any problem here..

Your set up, and ease of use allowed me to create my site, and forum, but transfering all the data, may be a problem for me..

MM

Bobum said:
I've seen this exact same problem on other II6 installations...non Jodo setups...

And never saw a solution ?

If so, and its a know problem, why still let paying peeps like me carry on ?

Q, Bobum, so why point me here !!!

MM

I am still researching the windows 2003 side, about to give MS a call, as I can't duplicate or force errors on a 2000 server, just on windows 2003.

For sure they know about this by now, and as you said, that is old, certainly have some idea what to do at this point.

Stephen said:
I am still researching the windows 2003 side, about to give MS a call, as I can't duplicate or force errors on a 2000 server, just on windows 2003.

For sure they know about this by now, and as you said, that is old, certainly have some idea what to do at this point.

Thanks...

MM

Back