Problem with VBScript Email Form

sonata

Perch
I've got a poser here, guys and gals.

I have an email script that I have been running successfully on another server. When I moved the client to a JH server, he stopped receving emails. I've learned why that is, but I discovered something else in the process.

Emails from this script to my personal email account are not going through. The cc to my business account goes through, the bcc to my gmail account goes through, but nothing is going to my personal account. Also, there are no bounces.

I have logged in to webmail on JH and can send an email to my personal account from there. This tells me that the server is not being blocked.

Some other things I have checked:
  • I have used CDOSYS configuration settings and turned them off - no effect
  • I have done a cut and paste of the email address to ensure there are no typos - no effect
  • I have had the email address as the recipient, cc, and bcc - nothing goes through
  • I have spoken with a rep from my IPS, who assures me that they do not bloack ANY email for any reason - everything goes through
The script I'm using is very basic:
Sub DoEmail()
Dim strBody
Dim objMail

Set objMail = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message")

With objMail
.To = "[email protected]"
.Cc = Request.Form("txtEmailAddress")
.Bcc = "[email protected]"
.From = "[email protected]"
.Subject = "Subject"
.TextBody = "EMAIL TEST"
.Send
End With

Set objMail = Nothing
End Sub
If anyone has any idea of something else I could look at, please let me know. I'm stumped.

I am now trying it with SMTP authentication, with no better results. The messages go to everyone but my personal email account.

What gives? This is getting really frustrating.

Okay, very strange. It seems the problem was that I was not actually doing authentication. I was missing the line:
iFlds.Update

What is strange is that emails were sent to 2 of the 3 addresses involved; only my personal email address did not go through.

sonata said:
Okay, very strange. It seems the problem was that I was not actually doing authentication. I was missing the line:

What is strange is that emails were sent to 2 of the 3 addresses involved; only my personal email address did not go through.

an unauthenticated email will go to any emails hosted on jodo

so say you sent an email from "[email protected]" to "[email protected]" it would send fine

but if you sent an email from "[email protected]" to "[email protected]" then it wouldnt send

Actually, none of the emails that got through were on JH. One was Gmail and the other was on another hosting service who shall remain unnamed. That is what's strange.

In the meantime, I have gotten some messages regarding the undelivered mails. Pretty evenly split between saying "Your host has no DNS record" and just saying "Action: delayed".

Back