Problems on winCF

My site has been more-or-less unreachable for over an hour now. Either pages load extremely slowly (as in, over 3 minutes to load) or I get the following error:

Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.

JRun closed connection.

I've submitted ticket number AHV-29230-372 but recieved no response as yet.

These JRun closed connection errors have been increasing in frequency once again, after what seemed like a fairly stable period. Its extremely difficult to run a web-based business when I can't count on my web site not crashing while a customer is in the middle of making a purchase.

manish has posted about it, and Neeraj has posted about it today.

the biggest part of the issue is that Microsoft live.com seems to be spidering like a mad man each night! It is going to some very large or dynamically generated sites and just pounding them, and when sites are getting hits frmo 15-20 different IPs as a rate well over 200 requests per second(making requests to many pages) it is taking all the server down with it.

We have just gotten it under control in the last 20 minutes, and it is doing better now, we will be sending a mail to a few users with such large sites telling them that we are blocking live.com from indexing, and that if they want to make it such that they can be indexed they may need to look into a VPS or dedicated solution. I hate to have to send them that way, but when search engines go crazy, that is no much else we can do.

WinCF doesn't appear to be responding to web requests. I can ping the box but can't open any of my sites (ColdFusion based or otherwise).

Also, is there a problem with the outgoing mail queue? I have a scheduled process which runs at 7:00 AM EST and sends an e-mail confirmation. Haven't received it.

Jeff

I'm also having mail issues on WinCF. Pages are loading, sometimes slowly. But mail is not going out. I'm using code copied from another working page, with SMTP Auth included. I've wrapped the code in <cftry> blocks to catch any errors. It all seems to be working but the mail never arrives.

Not to be too stressed about this, but I want to finish this app today so that I can take vacation tomorrow for the Fourth of July holiday. Help! :p

Thanks,
Tim

Ah, the queue seems to have cleared as I just got a pile of test messages. My app is working! I can have my vacation! :D

Tim

Just received an e-mail dump myself, and my sites are responding at a decent clip.

With one of my larger sites, I've added a crawl delay to my robots.txt file for MSN and Yahoo. Also disallowed Google's image bot from indexing my images directory.

Also asked Google's core bot to slow down with indexing the site, via their Webmaster Tools control panel.

Jeff

btw there was a thread on status a bit back, IIS mappings got messed up somehow, it was fixed shortly after, we did not detect it on monitoring as it was not every domain, only some(and quite a few in number it seems, just not the ones we were monitoring)

Back