Programming for a lifetime (it seems) ??

• Thread starter Philip_Simonson2288
  • Start date
P

Philip_Simonson2288

Reader,

I wanted to ask someone out there (on web) what language would be better for programming internet security. I have used c++ for several years (I think about 6 years), and was wondering which of c++, perl, or php should I use? Need help, don't really know a whole lot about the programming using winsock32.lib or stuff like that... such as internet programming with c++. I helped make a game, well atleast I modded it but had to buy the source code for Interversion Software's Uplink: Hacker Elite, video game. Anyway, back on topic... which is better for internet security programming?

Any help will be appreciated greatly thanks,
Philip 'The UberHacker' Simonson

I would assume C++/C# would be best for that sort of low-level stuff. I've used VB for Winsock programming before, but if you're doing something serious, I'd recommend C++ especially if you're already familiar with it.

You can do plenty of serious stuff with Visual Basic as well. I've used it for many years to program. I am also pretty good with C/C++ but I do prefer Visual Basic for anything but low-level system work or something that needs to be processed faster.

I sometimes write and compile a few DLLs to do some fast pixel or file processing in C++ and use it in VB..

Visual Basic is pretty good for Socket programming. However if you have a high-volume server, some multithreading is desired which is hard to achieve with VB6. You can use an API to achieve VB6 multithreading but it makes the program unstable, especially if run from design time. VB7 has better multithreading capabilities

Back