Putting an Access db online?

D

db_moran

Hi all,
I have an MS Access database that has been built previously. It contains a nifty user interface that automatically loads when you run the .mdb file in the Access application. The tables are all created and work well.
I need to put this database online to share it with some other offices of my company and justify getting more budget to expand it.

Do you know of a web application that I could use to easily put the database on the web (on a web server)? I'd like to use the interface that is already in there and make real-time queries to the database via a webpage.

Something I could download for a free trial would be great. Thanks in advance.
-Josh

I don't even know if there is a way you can do that... You could search hotscripts.com or aspin.com and see once but I have never seen a access DB app run through a web site. Access + ASP = web based data driven sites not just access. Why not just allow them to download the entire DB from your site?

Markey

The only thing I know you can do is setup data access pages in Access to mimic your form's operations.

But I haven't used Access for interface development in years, so there may be some tools out there to automate the process.

Back