Question re: Win 6

Is the *New* Win 6 running Win2003? That would be great if it is. Also, are the same components installed on this new Win 6 box that were on the old one? Any new ones?

Good work on the restore, my data is still there! Whew!

/WebDeveloper

Yep, the new Win6 is running Windows 2003. How could I forget mentioining that :)

The same components as before. However this is a brand new server that came in only last week.

Actually it is different components :)

This is the new 64-bit ready Xeon (800 mhz bus) CPUs, also using 4GB DDR2 ECC REG RAM instead of the older one using DDR ECC 266Mhz RAM.

It is dual 2.8Ghz model, running Windows 2003 Standard Edition, with RAID1 250GB HD setup.

Stephen said:
We decided not to put ASP.NEt 2.0 since it was already running CFMX6.1.

Why not install ASP.NET 2.0? Is there a conflict between CFMX6.1 & ASP.NET 2.0? I would really like to use the new .NET 2.0 Framework as I am sure many others would as well.

Thanks!

/WebDeveloper

There is no incompatibility with CFMX at all, it is just that it introduces more possibility of problems, and since it is not officially supported by Hsphere it increases the workload quite dramatically on our staff, as we have to manually setup the ASP.NET 2.0 domains(each domain, can't be done on a per account basis).

Part of that is switching application pools, if we switch the application pool, then someone unchecks ASP.NET in hsphere, then adds it again later, it will revert them to asp.net 1.1, but keep them in the ASP.NET 2.0 pool, if they try to run an ASP.NET 1.1 app, it will crash the application pool.

These are a few things we have run into with ASP.NET 2.0, and keeping it on a limited number of new servers is the best option at this time.

Doh, I just re-read my post from earlier, I realize now you were talking all software, I had just gotten up and thought you were talking about HARDWARE components.

Stephen said:
Doh, I just re-read my post from earlier, I realize now you were talking all software, I had just gotten up and thought you were talking about HARDWARE components.

Stephen,

That's okay! But yes you are right, I was talking about Software Components, ie. AspJpeg, AspUpload, etc.

Though it is good to hear how powerful the new Win6 is! :)

Thanks!

/Aaron

Btw ;

As a win6 based reseller I wish to ask something ;

When we will be able to watch the stats of "Brand New Win6" via Jodo Pulse ?

Page Says "Error: Connection timed out. (Could not read device uptime)"

I think you forgot to change the PRTG settings for the new server so it looks up for the older "retired" one :D

With love ,

Back