RC Refugees

I'm moving over from RC, a host that is apparently crumbling around it's customers even I write this post. I now have hosting with Jodohost.com and am very happy to be here.

I was just wondering if there were any other "refugees" (as it were) from RC.

I have been chatting with quite a few of them today and been helping them out..

Yes.. we are getting quite a few ex-Reseller-center customers

I have been promoting jodohost heavily. I have personally received 15 emails asking me who I chose. This host is simply the best option, in my humble opinion.

A "simple" chain of events:

1. VIP Hosting's parent company bought Reseller-Center Hosting about two months ago. Since then, support has dropped off in quality.

2. Server up-time has suffered during a recent migration from Ft. Lauderdale, FL to Houston, TX.

3. Most recently, during a mail server migration, the ONLY mail server in service at the new location had a hardware error resulting in HDD corruption. This required a full system re-load, including OS and PSoft, among other things. Apparently, there was NO redundant backup mail server.

4. During the process, there has been sparse communication from RC staff. What little communication we have gotten has been unprofessional (using explitives), untruthful and almost always from a hateful attutude.

5. When asked if there would be compensation for customers who experienced downtime, the main communicator told us that only those who submitted TT's would receive account credits. Of course, this sent many off the deep end. For one thing, when RC is obviously aware of a problem, what good does it do to submit a TT? For another, no one could send them a TT because the emails kept bouncing back. There's no winning with these guys.

You'd be surprised to know that we were the first company to make an offer to the owners of reseller-center to buy them out.. Infact I'm pretty sure we could have closed a deal there but VIP-hosting came into the picture and out-bid us..

I know Mark Carubba at VIPhosting (and now Reseller-center) for 2+ years now.. He's quite stressed out with all what's happening, afraid he wouldn't be able to spend 4th of July with his daugther.. Hope all turns out well there..

Of course that is no excuse for poor performance. IMHO, vip-hosting rushed into the migration and may have poorly planned some steps.. That's what done them in

Another refugee here.

I know at least two other people who moved to jodo.

I am in the process of re-creating all end-users accounts and I stumbled accross changing ip from shared to dedicated. HSphere tells me:

"There is no dedicated IP available. Please contact your administrator."

Is this a glitch or different procedure?

Already sent TT... kinda curious how quick the response is going to be...

More IPs are added to the servers. You can now switch to a dedicated IP. Your ticket has also been replied. Update us if there is still any problem.

hello all!

I'm setting up my account here to then start site migration.

I'm a bit jammed with plans and quotas, as you know never work with summary quota before, and I don't know how make plans to mirror plans in my other account (allocation based) where we had unlimited mail space. no complaints! :)

I have to take decision to convert my actual plans on summary or not.
*If convert, I need to make new plans bigger on quota becasue mails, but customers will flood me with TT because his usage will be variable in function his mails will be deleted from server or not.

*If I do not convert to summary, I will have a big reseller usage unhandled (mails) and if customers do not delete, my usage will be a problem, but no troubles nor questions on the customer side.

Hey refugee!!! how do you handle it? please help me to take a decision. :O

what was your choose?

thanks
Martin

Back