RE: VPS3 - Down, working to bring back safe

No,it was against a single VPS server on the VPS sever, it is resolved. looks like it was IRC related, and BTW, we do NOT ALLOW IRC on our network.

(Just as a note, not saying you run IRC or anything)

Stephen said:
No,it was against a single VPS server on the VPS sever, it is resolved. looks like it was IRC related

But my sites at Win5 were not accessible. If you migrated win5 to the new datacenter, how is this possible?

inka, only time win5 had issues was during the DOS attack becasue of packetloss.

A major DOS can take down items OTHER than the target.

And yes, they are both in the new datacenter. They worked very close with us to get it blocked off. We had a better response than ever before.

Stephen said:
inka, only time win5 had issues was during the DOS attack becasue of packetloss.

A major DOS can take down items OTHER than the target.

And yes, they are both in the new datacenter. They worked very close with us to get it blocked off. We had a better response than ever before.

Yeah, that was my original question if the attack was specific to the new datacenter, and you told me that not: only to a VPS, but that VPS is in the new datacenter!! Maybe the question was not clear

So, I guess it is not your fault, but we really have bad luck. We move to a new datacenter after many months of stability (which for me it is more important than a, say, 5% improvement in access time) just to receive a DDOS attack.

I wish we had stayed in the old and tried datacenter

Inka said:
Yeah, that was my original question if the attack was specific to the new datacenter, and you told me that not: only to a VPS, but that VPS is in the new datacenter!! Maybe the question was not clear

So, I guess it is not your fault, but we really have bad luck. We move to a new datacenter after many months of stability (which for me it is more important than a, say, 5% improvement in access time) just to receive a DDOS attack.

I wish we had stayed in the old and tried datacenter

I don't think it would have mattered which datacenter since our IP's stayed the same... if they were targeting that server it would have happened at the old center as well. Just my take on it.

yes, the attack had nothing to do with the datacenter. We resolved it fairly quickly and we've had worse attacks in the past.

Also, the new datacenter means plenty of stability. Don't judge the stability of the datacenter based on a single DOS attack

Just as a note, this would have happened in the new datacenter as well, it had NOTHING to do with the datacenter at all.

Back