Read Before Posting

Yash

Bass
Although we have opened this forum to allow customers to advertise/link to their services/websites, they must understand that we want to keep this place as organised as possible. Forum members are NOT allowed to advertise/link to the same service/website more than once. This section is not restricted only to JodoHost customers. Advertising that directly competes with JodoHost services will be removed

Forum members are also welcome to post links to other useful websites, software and tools. Please ensure that you do not double-post to the same website by using the Search feature before posting

While posting, please ensure that the title of your Post follows this pattern:
Site/Service/Software Name - Short description

Would be good if this was enhanced to exactly specify what was acceptable or not acceptable for this area, and be exact in the requirements.

This would allow anyone to know what is acceptable or not, thus mean removal of posts not in accordance with policy was clear-cut and i'm sure most members wouldn't disagree with such a policy.

Example:

Spanmmers and work at home posts which fill a portion of posts so far, posted by members, or double posts on similar items based off the same site.

It may be wise to implement a post per week policy or minimum requirement for posts so this isnt the b.s. directory and a tad more respectful in whats posted.

You are right
My idea was to have a small section on the forums where customers could advertise their services.

Has turned out to attract alot of spammers. Will change the rules shortly ...

I think the rules should be changed to state that if the spam does not spark interesting conversation within 1 or 2 weeks, it will be deleted. That would keep it clean and we can still talk about shipping farm tractors. (used, that is). :D

This section needs to have something set to control who gets to post here. If you look at almost every thread, it is started by someone with only 1 post! These folks are simply spamming. Can it be set so only members with a minimum post count (say 20 or more) can start a thread? I don't know what the limitations are with vBulletin in this regard, it's just an idea.

you would be amazed, I do very little to no deleting, but this forum(general ads), I delete something at least daily, just for that reason alone.

I will see if we cna limit posting to people with 10 posts, that will cut down on the spam.

I also moved to a nonworking user group over 85 other users that just signed up to get their url in the memberslist.

I am all for valid ads, I added a moderation option, as I did not see anything to limit by post counts. Maybe there is some mod to allow for that, I will need to look that up.

However, I am going to keep an eye on it, and new threads that are valid, will be allowed in this forum, spam will be deleted. So note to spammers. DON'T REGISTER JUST TO POST YOUR URL.

Thanks

Actually I disagree. I prefer it the way it is.

If you limit how the spammers posts in this section of the forum, they'll just post it in the other sections.
Best thing about this forum is that if you don't want to read spam just avoid this section all together.
I agree with the moderating to rule out offensive posts and just url postings ..but if you make it hard to post here, they'll just post in the Customer Support section for example.

Well, just my 2 euro cents :p

Back