Reading emails from the server...

lopkiju

Perch
I am using WebHostForASPPOP3 .NET component to read the mails from jodohost servers (my mailbox) - pop3.
I was testing this component in localhost and worked well (read my remote mail box on jodohost mail server).

When I uploaded it, I get some error.
I can't tell what it that error is, because customErrors mode="Off" in web.config doesn't work and whatever I put, I get the same output that I have to set attribute mode to Off so I can't view the error.

Do you have any idea why component in question doesn't work?

My experience is that if you get the same unhelpful error message regardless of the customErrors setting then you probably have ASP.NET switched to version 1 instead of 2. Do other ASP.NET pages work?

You're supposed to be able to switch it in HSphere although last time I tried to do that the control panel returned an error so I needed to get support to change it.

Once you fix that problem you may have another issue. Does the component work with medium trust? If that turns out to be a problem then this one seems to work on medium trust.

http://www.4-asp.net/products/pop3.aspx

Cheers
Ross

First time the problem was with different versions and now is set to 2.0.
Other pages work correctly just that particular page doesn't.

About component medium trust, I don't know.
I've noticed that you have to set the attachment directory (in localhost didn't worked without attachment directory property).
Maybe here's the problem.

I will also try the link you provided and see whether this work or not.

Thank you.

@ tetranz

I've just seen the link and this component isn't free :(.

Anyway, I managed to see the error with customErrors.
Its: That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers.

I did find something on the net about [assembly:AllowPartiallyTrustedCallers] in the assembly, but that doesn't work :(.

Any ideas?

Back