Really Cheap SSL Cert

hatton

Perch
While pondering the reseller thoughtI came across the following site - http://www.registerfly.com/ssl/

Has anyone used their starter SSL package? $24.99 for a 128 bit SSL cert is one of those things that sounds almost too good to be true, what am I missing here?

You might want to ensure they the certificate authority they use is recognised by most internet browsers

Yes, that's the only thing that counts really.. Anyone can make certificates, but if it's not recognized...

I use FreeSSL, think I'll check out the other one though. Hey admins!!! You know anything about this registryfly SSL???

All that is really, is one of the branded certificates that they (Registerfly) have bought in bulk quantity and thus get better discounts per unit. EV1 would have done the same thing with their $19.95 certificate offer, buying in bulk quantity to secure good discounts in order to promote other items they sell.

EV1 did that same thing with domains and it seemed too good to be true, but they did it and have used that to get traffic to their site opposed to paying for ads that may get 1 - 2 % conversion. It's what they call horizontal marketing and is more common now that ever before.

Back