Recent package change announcements

Yash

Bass
New Package Changes

We have further updated our packages to reduce disappointment among customers. I have disabled the threads about the old changes. You are free to discuss the new changes here. We will remain committed to these new packages now....

I thought I posted a message on this topic earlier this evening, but I don't see it anywhere. Don't know if it got deleted or I didn't really post it. But in any case, my disappointment in the recent changes has been softened considerably by the most recent update on the changes.

I'd like to thank JodoHost for recognizing a need to give current customers (as new as I am) some notice before the changes come into effect. I expected complaints to go unheeded, but the quality of customer service that was one of the deciding factors in my decision to move to JodoHost in the first place is still alive and well.

It's nice to know you guys do listen to your customers instead of only the ka-ching of the cash register!

Thanks!

Well, I see the explanation of what happened to my old post. I'm glad you mentioned what was going on. Wasn't sure if I was being absent-minded or what. I didn't realize this topic was in this area. Thanks for moving my post. I thought the Chit-Chat area was just about stuff not related to hosting or the other topics covered by the other forums, so never thought to look in here.

Re: New Package Changes

I hope starting a new thread and removing all posts in the previous one is NOT an attempt to censorship. Although you acted upon the several complaints regarding your dramatic package changes, it doesn't change the principle of bad customer relations nor do the new packages reflect similar value to the old ones.

The foot in the door technique is actual unethical marketing practice, first offering good value and then change the packages to be far less attractive after your customers invested time and money in setting up their websites is just bad customer relations.

I hope this will not lead to the demise of jodohost as I think you've very capable and friendly support staff (Yash (so far never got a reply from another person)). As mentioned yesterday I don't think that you're competitive enough with your new packages compared to e.g. tactical systems to not start with the process of moving my domains to another host.

Good luck with the business

We are NOT following any bad or inappropriate marketing techniques. We have provided a clear 4-month advance notification before this change affects existing customer.

Part of this change was to reduce our prices so that they become more competitive. Earlier the 200MB package was available for $9.99 now it is for $6.99. We have included Cold Fusion MX for free and now you can even get a dedicated IP at a one-time fee.

Yes, we have reduced domains and monthly transfer slightly but it isn't overwhelming anymore. And I repeat again, you can continue to enjoy the original monthly transfer and domain limits till January 10, 2004 as our commitment to existing customers. You'll only be affected by this reduction after that.

if we wanted to censor posts, the troubleshooting section wouldn't exist and that too publicly. The older thread had become irrelevant so we hid that

Re: Re: New Package Changes

eko said:
I hope starting a new thread and removing all posts in the previous one is NOT an attempt to censorship. Although you acted upon the several complaints regarding your dramatic package changes, it doesn't change the principle of bad customer relations nor do the new packages reflect similar value to the old ones.

The foot in the door technique is actual unethical marketing practice, first offering good value and then change the packages to be far less attractive after your customers invested time and money in setting up their websites is just bad customer relations.

I hope this will not lead to the demise of jodohost as I think you've very capable and friendly support staff (Yash (so far never got a reply from another person)). As mentioned yesterday I don't think that you're competitive enough with your new packages compared to e.g. tactical systems to not start with the process of moving my domains to another host.

Good luck with the business

eko, I hate to say but I totally disagree with you.
1) JodoHost maintains excellent customer relationships... I mean I have never felt so close with my hosting company, primarily because of this forum
2) JodoHost is following very ethical practices in my opinion. They are honoring the original package for 4 months.
3) The value of the hosting packages has decreased very marginally. If JodoHost says that this is for better speeds and reliability, then hell I back them because that is what matters to me the most and not whether i can host 1 or 2 domains less.. JodoHost is still giving out 3 domains in their new Value package. Point me out a single hosting company that does that for 6.95 and includes .net, sql server and now even cold fusion. C'mon, lets be reasonable be here

I think Yash, Atul and the JodoHost staff has been very patient and polite throughout this entire process. They respected customer demands and did make some last minute changes... A big thumbs up to you guys

Although I'm still a bit disappointed with the changes, I would like to say I am impressed with the action JodoHost have taken in response to posts in the original thread about the original changes.

I posted a message talking about my disappointment at the removal of unlimited domain aliases. And now it's been changed back to unlimited. I'm quite happy about that and thank JodoHost. I'm am still a little disappointed that I can't have unlimited subdomains acting in the same way (all pointing to the one folder).

One good thing has come from all this though. I was unaware of how serious JodoHost are when it comes to ensuring they provide the highest level of uptime and fast responses from their servers. From what I've read, they take it very seriously - something I am very happy to hear.

As long as the packages don't change again, I will be staying with JodoHost.

I guess I am lucky because I don't forsee using more bandwidth that is provided to me....however, I am glad to see the newest changes because I definitely was seriously going to look at another host that was suggested to me because the first round of changes, IMHO, made you less attractive than other webhosts.

Aside from the datacenter shift...I have been extremely happy with the service which has been perfect both from a customer perspective and reliability.

Although I am happy, I would have preferred to see 2 things added/improved rather than free Coldfusion. Better webmail (supposed to be coming) and better stats server. Those, in my eyes, are more usefull to more people than Coldfusion is, maybe again just my opinion. Coldfusion is a small market and I can't see it pulling people in but I CAN see people leaving because the rest of the services are not as good as other companies as I am one of those customers....an example of the limitations I am not happy with

1 ftp account limit on windows accounts (I know this is a Psoft issue)
webmail (sqweb is horrible...really looking forward to horde)
proper realtime stats software like awstats
file and directory permissions management

I guess that is all I can think of right now.

I am glad to see Jodohost really values customers input but I also wonder why this restructuring was presented as a punishment for customers who abused the system (it was worded as abuses in the email). I am not sure if this was addressed before as I didn't read the old posts but I would think that customers who have been loyal and haven't abused the system shouldn't be punished (this is how I see it) for the customers who have been good customers. Maybe the control panel software doesn't allow management of this???

and that is my 2 cents :)

1) We will be having HordeMail very soon to replace sqwebmail
2) HSPhere should be supporting AwStats sooner or later. If not, we will install Urchin at some point of time
3) HSphere should be introducing permissions and ftp sub account support like on Linux. If not, we will consider sourcing software for these features at some point of time

I'd like to rephrase that sentence:
"We have been forced to slightly reduce the total monthly transfer and domains provided with our packages. This step will go a long way in solving many recent server stability and abuse issues we have been facing. This move will also ensure the continuation of excellent server speeds and reliability for which we are recognised here at JodoHost"

Vote of confidence

I've responded quite critically about jodohost changes. I was a new customer who in the course of several weeks experienced down-time because of 'transfer of servers' and on top of that noticed a change in packages.

Things seem to have settled now and even though I've been critical I continue to be impressed with the responses from Yash, although remain apprehensive about Yash being the only one responding, what if, he's unavailable, how many people are really behind jodohost, etc.?

I've decided to continue with jodohost as being the provider for some of my domains (actually might purchase another package) witht he expectation that I maybe started during a hectic period for jodohost. If after some time the service remains excellent, I will probably move a more user-critical site (up-time essential) to jodohost as well.

Voila my vote of confidence for what it's worth! Some re-assuring words from jodohost staff woould be greatly appreciated.

Re: Vote of confidence

eko said:
I've responded quite critically about jodohost changes. I was a new customer who in the course of several weeks experienced down-time because of 'transfer of servers' and on top of that noticed a change in packages.

Things seem to have settled now and even though I've been critical I continue to be impressed with the responses from Yash, although remain apprehensive about Yash being the only one responding, what if, he's unavailable, how many people are really behind jodohost, etc.?

I've decided to continue with jodohost as being the provider for some of my domains (actually might purchase another package) witht he expectation that I maybe started during a hectic period for jodohost. If after some time the service remains excellent, I will probably move a more user-critical site (up-time essential) to jodohost as well.

Voila my vote of confidence for what it's worth! Some re-assuring words from jodohost staff woould be greatly appreciated.

No, I'm in no way the only one here. I'm probably the most visible face here though. When I'm not there, Atul answers the tickets. We had people like Sanjeev and Hemant (both system administrators) answering the tickets as well for sometime but we decided that me and Atul would handle that aspect till our ticket volume increases and let our administrators handle the administration alone. We have other people like Preeti who handles our accounting issues

Several weeks of downtime? I hope you are kidding because we had a total of 2 small downtime issues (under 2 hours) and one major downtime issue (6 hours) over a period of two weeks due to the server shifting process. All these downtime episodes were deeply regretted by us here at JodoHost and was really unfortunate after our extensive planning. We have now permanently moved to our new server location and are continuing to provide the same level of reliability that we were providing before we embarked on the DC shift.

Re: Vote of confidence

Yash said:
No, I'm in no way the only one here. I'm probably the most visible face here though. When I'm not there, Atul answers the tickets. We had people like Sanjeev and Hemant (both system administrators) answering the tickets as well for sometime but we decided that me and Atul would handle that aspect till our ticket volume increases and let our administrators handle the administration alone. We have other people like Preeti who handles our accounting issues

Several weeks of downtime? I hope you are kidding because we had a total of 2 small downtime issues (under 2 hours) and one major downtime issue (6 hours) over a period of two weeks due to the server shifting process. All these downtime episodes were deeply regretted by us here at JodoHost and was really unfortunate after our extensive planning. We have now permanently moved to our new server location and are continuing to provide the same level of reliability that we were providing before we embarked on the DC shift.

Thanks for your quick reply. I stated 'in the course of several weeks' which is different from 'several weeks of down-time' Your explanation actually confirms my down-time experience over a two week period when I had just joined jodohost. It's hartening to know that you care and have confidence in the new serivce you provide. Keep up the good work.

I have been a JodoHost customer for quite sometime here at I have been impressed by the reliability and support. Infact I'd rate JodoHost customer support better than many 24x7 companies primarily because the people that answer the tickets here (primarily Yash/Atul) are highly trained and can deal with many highly technical windows/.net issues very quickly. However they do it, their support structure is excellent. Many of my .NET permission issues have been resolved relaly fast by their team.

One thing of course that has been an annoyance to us existing customers was the datacenter shift and the downgrading of domains/transfer in all packages. I understnd the datacenter shift was necessary and appreciate the efforts on JoooHost's part to minimize downtime as far as possible. I'm glad it is over now and it looks like JodoHost is pretty much back to maintaining close to 100% uptime like they were doing before the datacenter shift. The domains/trasnfer reduction in packages is a little disappointing but I can live with that. The new levels are still way better than other windows providers and JodoHost is honoring the old limits till Jan, 2004 for existing customers.

Overall, I'm satisfied with JodoHost services and plan to continye my services here till of course I'll start needing a dedicated solutiob

Back