I tried to sign up but got the following messages

Registration failed
Failed to create Account
We are sorry, but we cannot process your order right now, please try again at
the latter time. Support has notified of this problem (Private key is not
loaded).

Signup failed. Please email the error message to our administrator at the
following address:

Can you as soon as possible get back to me as I like to start and it gives me an
uneasy feeling if I sign up and it fails.

I mailed you just now and like a follow up quickly.

cheers,

Gemme

The error was caused due to the mail server migration. We were performing heavy work on the CP

Everything should be 100% now as the mail server migration was completed sometime ago

Yash said:
The error was caused due to the mail server migration. We were performing heavy work on the CP
I'm happy to see you trying to improve the servers by migrating the mail server off the CP server. I would suggest you take a minute to consider improved communication however. You sent an e-mail message to all customers announcing the migration of the mail server (this was good) stating "The shift would be 100% transparent, you wouldn't notice it". However you obviously needed to disable new signups as part of the migration, and this was noticable.

I would suggest that you investigate more thoroughly the impacts of the migrations and advise your customers in advance, rather than making blanket statements like you did.

Just my $0.25 worth. I'm done.

We have and did considerably plan this migration.

The periods that a customer who was signing up could have got that error were not more than 10 minutes or so.

You can only practise so much on test servers. We had to slightly alter our plans during the migration to ensure things went smoothly

Actually, the error was not caused by the mail server migration

It was caused because we had forgotten to reload the CC encryption key (then is needed to access cc numbers in the database) after a CP reset.

Anyway, that was corrected as soon as it was reported to us. Only affected OUR signups

Back