reliability

B

bluepants

Wanted to know what steps jodohost takes to maintain uptime. I've really had it with cheap hosts because of uptime problems. I was about to move with a $20/month host till i found you. So i'm curious to know.

I am currently with CDXSolutions.com. My site has been down for over 2 days now and their site has been down as well. They aren't responding to my damn emails!! Have they gone out of business or something?

we have hardware RAID on our servers and have a backup contract with our datacenter. We also have a contract with our datacenter where they monitor our servers on a 24x7 basis and take care of any emergency downtime issues whenever they happen.

We ourselves continuously monitor all essential services. We monitor RAM and processor usage and take necessary steps to bring down utilisation if they go too high. We perform regular maintenance tasks on our servers and ensure they aren't overloaded. We don't hesitate to add new servers whenever our present servers have reached capacity. We have some of the most experienced administrators managing our servers. We run only Dual PIII and P4 servers with plans to use even better processor technology such as Xeon and HT in the future. The servers are fitted with 1GB DDR RAM each. Our networking equipment is CISO (routers, switches). We utilise our datacenter's powerful CISCO firewalls to block denial of services attacks as quickly as possible

I'd call ourselves an "affordable" host, not a "cheap" host.

Not sure what happened to CDXSolutions. I believe we have one or two more people that were complaining about this in their trouble tickets.

Back