Remove feature of spam filter

QuietCalm

Perch
hi

Customers email my company (me being a reseller) for support. I respond to them. Then later they say "Why have you not responded?"

This has been happening frequenntly so I have ruled out the problem being on their receiving end of my emails.

Then I stumbled across a customer who said those emailing him were getting bounce backs. The bounce backs saying the mailbox rejected the email because it was spam.

I have come to realize that if a customer uses the remove feature of the spam filter... almost all emails, even real non spam ones, get rejected like this.

I believe this has somethingto do with your dpam filtering??

Can someone explain to me why this is and how I can possible manage such a thing? Even if I tell all my customers to not use the "remove" feature... why does it exist in the panel then? This is not a good thing. even online billing to customers is being rejected and then accounts get suspended and customers are irate with us because to them..we never notified them.

Then we tell them do not use REMOVE and they say.. why do you keep it where people can use then?

This is a big problem. I do ot want to lose another customer beause of such a thing.

I know jodo implemeted dspam because of reselelrs and the spam rpoblem.. that is good. But keeping the remove feature in the panel makes it tough unless you can place a text message right next to the fulter in the panel instructing customers to not use the feature? Is that possible?

QuietCalm

We have already asked the developers about changing this remove and they have said it is not possible. We will bring it up again with them in the near future and see if it can be refined and this option removed.

Ok. Is there not even a way to add some text informing customers not to use it somewhere near that feature? This is causing me big grief. I am constantly having angry customers because they think I am not responding to them.

Since jodo is the only one using dpsam using hsphere that I know of, I may have to think about moving elsewhere. Since you started dspam it has not been pleasant for me and my customers (although I do applaud you antispam efforts)

I do not want to but it is hard enough keeping customers when servers have issues now and then but when I lose then through no fault of ours.. that is not good at all.

QuietCalm

many services have begun using external mail filters due tot he huge amounts of spam.

the most active topics in the customers section of psoft are the external mail filtering systems. We are using a system similar to all of them. Many to most will have such issues as well.

that being said cluster2 is not having dspam installed on it, but it may get such treatment in the future, we are working on a number of solutions simultaneously

Why not send a mass mail to your clients telling them this? you can do it right from the control panel.

Back