Reseller and Hosting Questions

Dear Jodo,

I have an ASP.NET eCommerce package that I am marketing. I have 3 clients that will be launching it in the next two months.

Questions.

1. My main site http://www.SURFThru.com is a .NET 1.1 site. It will be moved to 2.0 down the road.
2. One customer site in developement http://www.OverallWellbeing.comis .NET 2.0.

Q1: Do I have the control from a developer standpoint to make one virtual folder .NET 1.1 and the other .NET 2.0?

Q2: Two of the three sites will be using SQL Server 2005. How many DBs can I create with you base package?

Q3: On my current host sending email via .NET is a pain. I cannot just use an SMTP server at the host. Do you have code sample I can see for sending email (VB or C#)

Short term (30 days) this is what I will need.

1. One SQL Server 2005 DB (in the next few months 1 to 2 more).
2. Host my .NET 1.1 SURFThru.com site.
3. Create virtual folders to host .NET 2.0 sites.

Please let me know the package/price I should purchase.

Thank you,
Patrick

http://www.SURFThru.com

Hello,

Q1: Do I have the control from a developer standpoint to make one virtual folder .NET 1.1 and the other .NET 2.0?

For this I'd really recommend a a subdomain, mixing asp.net versions in a virtual directory is very bad and can lead to version conflicts taking the sites down (if a pool is changed on one and it moved the virtual directory for instance)

A subdomain also will give you a more domain =-like environment to test as it uses the same layout as domain hosting within hsphere.

Q2: Two of the three sites will be using SQL Server 2005. How many DBs can I create with you base package?

The Value windows can do one SQL 2005 DB.

Q3: On my current host (EDT Hosting) sending email via .NET is a pain. I cannot just use an SMTP server at the host. Do you have code sample I can see for sending email (VB or C#)

You can use SMTP auth via CDOSYS on ASP.NET to mail.domain.com or you can use localhost without auth, but it does not have rDNS and delievery is not likely to some domains.

Thank you for the quick repsonse.

One last question and I will be ready to move my site this week.

I would like to buy the Value package to start, get my site migrated, then upgrade to the reseller in around 45 days. Is this an issue to start in this way?

Regards,
Patrick

it is not a problem, we can mvoe your shared account to a reseller at a later date upon request and verification.

Can the opposite be done Stephen? i.e., moving an account from under a reseller to a standalone? At some point I might want to get out of the reseller business. I only have a handful of customers and they would all be fine with Windows "Value" accounts. I'd probably still be involved helping them in other ways.

Yes they could be moved to us, some special consideration would need to be taken to move, then change their plans to one of ours so that we don't have "stray plans" laying around our own account.

Re: Reseller and Hosting Questions - CubeCart

Stephen,

Thank you for your help. I had one other item I think it was lost in the thread of my other questions. :)

Question: One of my customer's users a PHP (CubeCart) shopping cart. Can I host both .NET and PHP in the shared plan?

Thanks again,
Patrick

Re: Reseller and Hosting Questions - CubeCart

Windows supports php4 or 5, asp.net 1.1 or 2.0, perl 5.8.x, and asp

Re: Account Sign Up

I just signed up for an account. I completed the payment but never received the confirmation email.

You can expedite verification process and then account activation by coming to LiveChat from JodoHost home page.

Back