Reseller question

aliweb

Perch
Reseller questions

1. Does your ValueHost reseller plan supports the following?

1. Catch-All Mail Box
2. Antivirus Support
3. Antispam Support

2. Your shared hosting plans come in two flavours Standard and CF. Can I offer my customers both Standard and CF in one package when I purchase ValueHost reseller plan? Or do I also need to offer them in two flavours?

Hi

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes

You can create Windows plans in two flavors, standard and CF
Standard: ASP.NET, ASP, PHP, PERL
CF: ColdfusionMX, PHP, Perl

Difference is asp/asp.net support

Ok but what if I don't want to create plans in two flavours. What if I offer both CF and ASP/ASP.Net? Is it possible?

Your largest reseller plan is PlatinumHost which offers:

Disk Space: 12 GB
Bandwidth: 240 GB
Users: 60

Can I get a plan bigger than this? I mean let's say I want the following:

Disk Space: 120 GB
Bandwidth: 2400 GB
Users: 600

aliweb said:
Your largest reseller plan is PlatinumHost which offers:

Disk Space: 12 GB
Bandwidth: 240 GB
Users: 60

Can I get a plan bigger than this? I mean let's say I want the following:

Disk Space: 120 GB
Bandwidth: 2400 GB
Users: 600
At that point I'd suggest you look into a dedicated server.

Yes, you can get a plan as large as you want..

I don't recommend a dedicated server. if you want to build an hsphere cluster, you need 3 servers minimum and have to invest in all the software. I'd say stick with a reseller plan till you are well-off

Ok. One more question.

I don't want to offer any plans like normal practice. Like JodoHost has shared hosting plans e.g. Silver, Gold e.t.c.
What I will offer is a standard rate like following (example):

$1/MB/Month
$1/GB/Month

Minimum 100 MB and 1 GB bandwidth must be purchased. That's it no plans. Now user have the choice to purchase let's say 123 MB and 1.3 GB bandwidth. He can also purchase 300 MB and 3 GB bandwidth. Plenty of choices.
My question is can I offer such a plan using HSphere? I haven't used HSphere yet but when I was going through its documentation it said that you need to create different plans, billing periods e.t.c. Will I be able to successfully do it or are there any limitations in HSphere?
What could be the problems in this approach?

it sounds like you want to create the plan wizard on the fly (in real time). your not able to do this to my knowlege.

you have to create a plan wizard.

what im doing is setting up 4-5 plans for each platform.

then i have a custom plan application form, they fill in the plan form, confirm the plan detaisl, check there email for security.

then i save the plan details to a database. i am alerted via email of a custom plan creation request.

i then login to my own made control pannel for my websites, and look at the plan specs thats wante and then craete the plan wizard with the specs.

i then log backinto the control area of my sites and enter the plan wizard Code, an email is sent to the user with a link . they go to the link enter there Custom plan Code (client code)##

it then gets the Plan Wizard code from the database and starts the Wizard for that plan. im thinking of making a 7 day Period to create it.

you can have a see at www.emagine-hosts.com

feel free to check the plan creation process, i will do what im ment to do so you can see all the things the client recives..

your comments on the Proccess are welcome.

^ Good idea. I will definitely use it if can't create plans on the fly. The only suggestion I have now is to reduce the time from 7 days to 36-48 hours. 7 days is a bit too long period.

yea thinking about it, it would be best to be done within 48 hours.

they are told they will recieve the confirmation email within 24 hours.

Back