Reseller questions

Hi.

I have been reading your FAQ and most of the threads in this forum, and I must say that I am quite impressed with all of it! I know that no one can be perfect 100% of the time, but my past hosts were absolutely terrible, which is why I am moving now. So, a few remaining questions for clarification.

1) Is the charge for the online support per user (cp) or per domain?

2) Are all the Windows servers now running Win 2003?

3) What features are available on the CF servers, such as ASP, ASP.NET etc? If I understand this, CF is hosted on different servers? I am not as knowledgeable about CF as I would like, but have a potential client that will use it.

4) Can CF get access to all of the database types in your system?

5) Are you aware of any known issues with installing or running X-Cart shopping cart software on any platforms at JodoHost?

6) I have clients on two hosts now; one is Linux-based Plesk 7.5.3 and one is NT4/IIS4. Can I get the correct format to create a file for your support team to assist me in migrating my current clients to your HSphere CP? Or, is there a better way to do this?

7) Will my private label name servers use any of the dedicated IPs in the plans or are they considered separate?

I think that covers it for now, but may yet come up with another one or two. ;-)

Thanks.

1) Is the charge for the online support per user (cp) or per domain?

The anonymous support is per cp user.

2) Are all the Windows servers now running Win 2003?

All new servers are 2003, we still have some windows 2000 customers.

3) What features are available on the CF servers, such as ASP, ASP.NET etc? If I understand this, CF is hosted on different servers? I am not as knowledgeable about CF as I would like, but have a potential client that will use it.

CF is hosted on a windows 2003 server that ASP and ASP.NET are not available on. It makes CF much more stable, all the other servers are ASP/ASP.NET/PHP ready.

5) Are you aware of any known issues with installing or running X-Cart shopping cart software on any platforms at JodoHost?

I checked the requirements on their website, and it looks compatible.

6) I have clients on two hosts now; one is Linux-based Plesk 7.5.3 and one is NT4/IIS4. Can I get the correct format to create a file for your support team to assist me in migrating my current clients to your HSphere CP? Or, is there a better way to do this?

You would be best to just backup their files, create the accounts here, and then upload the accounts here and test them, then change the DNS settings at the registrar.

7) Will my private label name servers use any of the dedicated IPs in the plans or are they considered separate?

No, they are different and do not count against your allocation.

Stephen,

Thanks for the fast reply. Two points.

Stephen said:

1) What was the answer to my Q4 about CF and databases?

2) In migrating my clients, your proposed solution is a lot of work. I understand doing this for the sites themselves, but I thought that I saw something about another way to do this for the users and email accounts in one of the past threads. Was I wrong or is this no longer an option?

Thanks.

1) What was the answer to my Q4 about CF and databases?

Yes, CF have access to all the databases.

2) In migrating my clients, your proposed solution is a lot of work. I understand doing this for the sites themselves, but I thought that I saw something about another way to do this for the users and email accounts in one of the past threads. Was I wrong or is this no longer an option?

The above option is best, that's why it is recommanded.

OK, thanks! It all looks good so far, so I have signed up for the Reseller program. Looking forward to some smooth sailing...

Back