Reseller questions

tetranz

Perch
Hi

I hope I'm not repeating too many other questions. I'm thinking of moving a few sites to you. Your service sounds pretty good. I'm not sure how I missed you when I moved a few months ago. I host for a few friends but I'm not really actively reselling. LiteHost looks like it will do for me.

1) A customer with one of my 5 free control panel users can host multiple domains. I'm probably asking the obvious here but I assume those domains can point to different sites, not all pointing to the same site? Do different sites under one user get separate stats or are the stats combined?

2) I'm a little confused about "All Reseller plans include Windows, Linux and VPS Hosting". When I setup a user, I specify then whether its a Windows, Linux or VPS. Is that how it works? So the domains under one user are the same hosting type? Does that means I can have say, 1 Windows user, 2 Linux and 2 VPS under a LiteHost?

3) With FrontPage, can my user create his own subwebs either with a control panel or simply publishing to a non-existent subweb which is how I've seen it work? In other words, does he get admin permissions on his own root web?

4) Can I or my customer specify FrontPage users with different permissions for subwebs? I'm only talking about a very small number of a users. I don't really care if the FrontPage sites are Linux or Windows. They're on Windows now but my experience has been that FrontPage seems to have less problems on Linux than Windows. I think users on Linux are essentially done with .htaccess files whereas on Windows they are real Windows users.

That's about all I can think of for now :)

Cheers
Ross

1. yes thats correct you can host multiple websites under one account, having any number of domains

you can get server/websites stats seperate and bandwidth etc is adding in the main stats window but you can get a break down of them

2. yes thats correct you choose what hosting enviroment the user/account is on, and they can only be on that enviroment, so your calculations are correct

3 and 4 im not to sure on

Thanks Emagine !!

tetranz said:
1) A customer with one of my 5 free control panel users can host multiple domains. I'm probably asking the obvious here but I assume those domains can point to different sites, not all pointing to the same site? Do different sites under one user get separate stats or are the stats combined?
Yes, all domains will be independent, untill you redirect them to other domains. Yes, stats will be showed individually for each domain (by Stats, I assume hits, visitors etc).

2) I'm a little confused about "All Reseller plans include Windows, Linux and VPS Hosting". When I setup a user, I specify then whether its a Windows, Linux or VPS. Is that how it works? So the domains under one user are the same hosting type? Does that means I can have say, 1 Windows user, 2 Linux and 2 VPS under a LiteHost?
While creating hosting plans, you would specify the platform/server type that will host accounts of this plan. So yes, you can choose any combination of platforms for hosting plans.

3) With FrontPage, can my user create his own subwebs either with a control panel or simply publishing to a non-existent subweb which is how I've seen it work? In other words, does he get admin permissions on his own root web?
Yes, your customer gets admin permission on his root web.

4) Can I or my customer specify FrontPage users with different permissions for subwebs? I'm only talking about a very small number of a users. I don't really care if the FrontPage sites are Linux or Windows. They're on Windows now but my experience has been that FrontPage seems to have less problems on Linux than Windows. I think users on Linux are essentially done with .htaccess files whereas on Windows they are real Windows users.

Answer: Windows and hsphere subwebs have big problems when creting these users. But I believe linux does work fine.

Back