Resellers: Feedback appreciated!

I was hoping I could solicite a response from some of the current Jodohost resellers...

Please answer as many questions you can with as much detail as possible, thank you!

1. Are any of you having success as a hosting company using the Jodohost reseller package?​

2. I wanted to know what you thought of the Jodohost reseller software -- HSPERE (i.e. easy to use, good functionality, reliable)?​

3. Do you primarily use Windows or Unix or VPS?​

Windows users...​

4. Since I'll primarily be using Windows, what do you think HSPERE lacks in setting up new Windows hosting accounts for paying customers?​

5. What problems have you encountered so far that you think I as a new Windows reseller will also encounter (or should avoid making)?​

If you've taken the time to read these questions, please also write whatever you can in response, I appreciate everyone's feedback!

I signed for the reseller account a few days ago. I setup everything perfectly and have create 3 windows account and 1 VPS account. Selling Windows hosting IMHO is the most profitable. VPS hosting is more primitive, you need to know shell commands to setup a website, etc. Only recommended for those who have worked with linux

1) Yes I have. I've had a few of my friends and clients interested in taking packages from me. So the costs of the package are immediately turned into profit.

2) Its reliable and stable, but the interface is not very attractive. JodoHost had some stability problems (dns, win servers) a week back but I believe they have solved all of them because I haven't faced any issue with my reseller package

3) Windows

4) FTP sub accounts and directory permissions. However, hSphere 2.4 promises to add these features according to Yash

5) Non really. Its an easy way to make money!
5)

A VPS doesn't have to be used for a website.. I run a Ventrilo server on a VPS account of mine, which is a voice chat server. The server software is fairly simple, but it works like a charm.

It's too bad IRC connections aren't allowed, because on our home network there are always 3-4 connections open to Quakenet.
Should my connection burp, these clients will all reconnect at the same time and I get temporarely banned off the network for having more than 5 connections active from a single IP.
Otherwise I'd be running my channel bot from the VPS server as well to reduce the number of connections from here ;)

Likely to be shortly after it's release, judging by the Jodohost posts on the forum there :) They want the new features as much as you do ;)

SubSpace said:
Likely to be shortly after it's release, judging by the Jodohost posts on the forum there :) They want the new features as much as you do ;)

I'd prefer some serious testing first. Don't want a similar repeat performance of recent events concerning win2003. :)

Back