Resolving DNS Problems

bigD

Guppy
Hi all!

I have a stupid problem that has been fighting me for the past 12 or so hours. I changed my email settings in the control panel (stopped and restarted actually, but mistake) and ever since then, I have been unable to receive email at my desktop. I have narrowed it down to a dns registration problem, where my email server is resolving to the wrong ip address. I have tried ipconfig /flushdns and restarts to no avail.

Any ideas on possibly changing this record manually?

btw - the domain in question is mail.dchristopherlind.com

Thanks a million!

Doug

wait another 12 +/- hours or, in the properties of your internet connection, go to the tab where you find Internet Protocol (IP) in a white box. double click it, choose to specify address of DNS server to use yourself, there you write the IPs to ns1.jodoshared.com and ns2.jodoshred.com.. reconnect and try again

mail.dchristopherlind.com should point to *.189. What IP are you getting while pinging it?

I can ping as well as connect to that host name

Yash said:
mail.dchristopherlind.com should point to *.189. What IP are you getting while pinging it?

I can ping as well as connect to that host name

I had two other computers that were pointing to the correct ip address. It was just my desktop that was pointing to *.155. However, in the past 5 minutes or so, the dns record finally propogated to my machine. All is working now. More information can be found in Ticket #6728.

Thanks for your continued help Yash and Dirtbag for the advice!

Doug

Back