Restore database in MSSQL Server

Hi Jodo Host,

I have purchased a Value Windows Plan from Jodo. I have created a database as well as necessary login and user through your Control Panel. The problem now is that I already have an MSSQL Database (I used it in my application in my development machine (i.e. localhost) with all the tables, stored procs and real data that my site's gonna use) and I want to restore it into my Jodo Host database. I have tried to use the Enterprise Manager to do the operation, however I've got a message warning that I don't have sufficient right to do it.

So I'm asking for your help on how I can have my database hosted.

Best regards,

Nguyen

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your suggestion. I use Enterprise Manager and choose to Export data from my local database to Jodo database, the operation runs well until a message box saying: "User does not have the permission to alter database xxx".

I would be appreciate for any help.

Nguyen

We do not give DB users the "Backupoperator" permissions. If you are facing a permissions issue while transferring the DB through DTS kindly open a ticket giving your account and DB details so that we can check it. Alternatively, you can upload the DB backup in your FTP folder and open a ticket asking for a restore of the Db from that backup and we'll do that for you. Still the good old way is to generate a *.SQL script for the DB and then run that in the SQL Query Analyzer :)

You can only control your database if you are the DB Owner, if not it will not export.

Every time i need to update some tables i have to wait for support to restore my database. But if you take time like my webmail, i will never get the database working. :(

Hi there,

Generate SQL Script seems to be good, but can anyone show me how to generate script for both the object definitions (tables, views, stored procs etc.) as well as the current data in the tables? As in the "All Tasks > Generate SQL Script" I can only generate the definitions only.

If it is not possible then can you please show me in details the process how I can "ticket"(???) my database for you to restore.

Thank you a lot!

Nguyen

Thanks for your response.

It still does not work, with the root folder of my site. I guess I will search for any FrontPage extension support for my host and may have to use other way to upload my project now.

Regards,

Nguyen

Oops! Sorry for the last email. It should be an reply for another post of mine. :D.

Thanks for your answer Mark! Do you have any idea on how to perform "identity increment" insertion? as there are many related tables in my schema.

Thanks!

Nguyen

Back