Return email

Hey I have a two Email issues..

1) This one is more for the Jodohost guys - I can not send or receive from any of my hosted domains to comcast.net i've tried several address all are retured form [email protected]****here.biz

2) This one if for anyone who may be able to help - I have a user who can not log into his POP3 account using MS Outlook. He gets a password error outgoing works fine, but he can not authenticate to receive email. The username is correct, and the password is fine I even tried deleting the mail box and readding it witch still did notwork. All other mail boxes on that domain are fine. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could cause this?

Outlook options:
Log on using SPA.... - is not checked
Incoming mail server port - Default (110)
Outgoing mail server port - Default (25)

thanks in advance..

Shifty2k4 said:
1) This one is more for the Jodohost guys - I can not send or receive from any of my hosted domains to comcast.net i've tried several address all are retured form [email protected]****here.biz

Open a ticket with the complete bounce message.

Shifty2k4 said:
This one if for anyone who may be able to help - I have a user who can not log into his POP3 account using MS Outlook. He gets a password error outgoing works fine, but he can not authenticate to receive email. The username is correct, and the password is fine I even tried deleting the mail box and readding it witch still did notwork. All other mail boxes on that domain are fine. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could cause this?

Not sure. Just check in "more settings" also.

For all who may be able to help

I've checked in all the POP3 settings and this user can not log in from his computer only using Microsoft outlook.

Some history:
This user switched from his old hosting provider to my jodo account his old outlook password was shorter then the 5 char requirement Jodo has so I had to have him change it. He has been unable to log in via outlook. I've deleted the account and readded it from outlook and always receive the same user/password error

Is it possible to have some 3rd party password manager that has his old one cached? or could it be effected by a software firewall on his PC.. Any one ever have this problem?

- Can he access his emails through webmail.
- Try installing another email client on the pc just to test (Outlook Express, Thunderbird, etc)
- Is the problem specific to his PC, can his account be accessed by Outlook on another pc?

Try to determine if the problem is from his Outlook, his PC or his account.

Shifty2k4 said:

2) This one if for anyone who may be able to help - I have a user who can not log into his POP3 account using MS Outlook. He gets a password error outgoing works fine, but he can not authenticate to receive email. The username is correct, and the password is fine I even tried deleting the mail box and readding it witch still did notwork. All other mail boxes on that domain are fine. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could cause this?

Outlook options:
Log on using SPA.... - is not checked
Incoming mail server port - Default (110)
Outgoing mail server port - Default (25)

thanks in advance..

I had a similar problem here at work , I have a reseller account for personal bussiness and I sell a hostings account to my company :)

One of the workers came with the same problem , outlook express was giving and error . I tried web mail , it worked .

I changed his password from the cp , apply the new settings to already opened OE account nothing changed .

So I deleted the account from OE and re create it . Worked fine ;)

Maybe OE or Outlook is storing some kind of cache data in registery or somewhere else , maybe it gets a corrupted pass data from its records .

If not done try deleting the account and creating a new one , after that you can import all the mails back to the new account .

Maybe helps

I love this forum....

thanks all

I'm going to work on it later.

He can log into webmail no problems, I set my outlook to connect to his mail account and was able to connect with no issues. It is only on his computer. I deleted the account and readded it. I'm gonna try a few things weds or thurs.. thanks again everyone

update..

Still can not get on with POP3 he is running AVG antivirus with the outlook plugin installed.

I set him up using IMAP with no issues.

That is odd, I have AVG on one of my computer with no issues, except that it slows incoming emails by at least 20-40% while scanning.

Back