rights on MSSql server

Hi,

I've installed the webwizguide SQL forum and I received the folowing error message:
------------------
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e09'

EXECUTE permission denied on object 'wwfSpSelectConfiguration', database 'aurelia_dan', owner 'dbo'.

/forum/common.asp, line 283
----------------

I understand this is an error regarding user rights.
PLEASE HELP, I've opend a ticket on this issue

thank you

I've seen the thread you mentioned with this response:
------
Whenever you want DBO permissions on a user, just open a ticket and we'll have it done ASAP

I would like to know what does it mean ASAP when you open a TICKET with high importance in order to change a user permission on your database (it should take no more than 1 minute to do that ... )

?( I think I will give up, I cannot wait any more for this change, it's now 1:35 in the morning X( perhapse ?( until tomorow ?( I will get an answer from CUSTOMER SUPPORT

aureliandan said:
I would like to know what does it mean ASAP when you open a TICKET with high importance in order to change a user permission on your database (it should take no more than 1 minute to do that ... )

Log into your HSPERE account (http://cp.jodoshared.com:8080/psoft/servlet/psoft.hsphere.CP) and on the left side you'll see "Support Center"; click that link and then you'll see "Make a Ticket". Any ticket you create from here you can assign high priority.

Good Luck!

aureliandan said:

?( I think I will give up, I cannot wait any more for this change, it's now 1:35 in the morning X( perhapse ?( until tomorow ?( I will get an answer from CUSTOMER SUPPORT

As mentioned, you use the Control Pannel to create a support ticket and they'll get you taken care of *very* quickly. Alternately, in your SQL scripts do a search and replace, look for "dbo" and replace with your database username.

I've done it both ways (dbo and non-dbo access) and either way works just fine.

Back