Safari Users: HSphere 3.0 Admin Section

berk581

Guppy
I'm a mac user and I use the Safari Web Browser on my mac & on my windows box... just wanted to point out that you'll experience some issues with accessing your Admin Section in Hsphere 3.0 with safari :(.

When you initially login to your CP @ https//cp.m****here.biz and then click the Enter Admin Section, you'll probably be prompted with a screen to enter a username and password.

To get this to work with Safari you'll need to access a machine that has MSIE7.0 or Firefox and then login. Once in your Admin section you'll need to create an admin plan through the plan creation wizard.

Once that has been created you can go back to safari and then access http:// or https://cp.yourdomain.com enter the username and password you just created under the admin plan and login that way.

It's not just a Jodo thing.. it's a hsphere 3.0 thing

Berk581 -

are you saying to create a plan other than my customer hosting plan ( I only have one ) and the Service Account and that will allow me to log in via Safari?

I had been using Safari with HSphere (thru a previous provider) quite successfully. Obviously, not now. I've simply been using Firefox. But, if Safari compatibility is there, I'm interested in being able to make it happen.

Thanks.

You can always use your reseller username and password at your control panel URL. This will take you directly to your admin panel.

Thanks Tanmaya, but one simply cannot log in to the control panel using Safari. If you are already in the Reseller CP and click the Admin Account link it throws up a log in screen which will never let Safari past.

There is apparently an incompatibility with how the Admin accounts are accessed now and Safari. It's odd, because it worked nicely before.

Tanmaya - it doesn't matter which path you take to the Admin account. Login fails using Safari. It will successfully log into the reseller account but not the Admin account regardless of whether I go through the reseller account or directly to the service domain account.

That is way I was interested in the method that was posted above. I run Mac systems as do a number of my hosting customers. Most Mac users tend to run Safari as their primary browsers. So, was interested in determining if there was a method to get around this issue other than telling them to use Firefox.

I don't see that happening.

Have you successfully logged in using Safari on a Mac?

Have you successfully logged in using Safari on a Mac?

My mac works great but uses Ubuntu :D

Have you tried changing skins? I know this sounds off the wall but I have seen it be an issue on a few browsers(opera I think it was)

you mean, changing the skin to safari might allow it to log in?

that might be fine for me, but I think I'd rather just tell clients to use Firefox as I'm doubting they would want to figure out the skin changing path.

Thanks though!

you mean, changing the skin to safari might allow it to log in?

that might be fine for me, but I think I'd rather just tell clients to use Firefox as I'm doubting they would want to figure out the skin changing path.

Thanks though!

No I meant the hsphere skin :)

Xpressia has some JS bugs that make errors in some cases, Xpressia Lite is a bit better

Back