Scheduled Maintenance

Stephen

US Operations
Staff member
We will be performing network and software maintenance on all servers between the hours of 11pm Sunday and 3am Monday.

All servers will be having a slight network adjustment made that may take them offline for a matter of seconds.

All Windows servers will be rebooted to apply the latest critcal MS patch.

I corrected this announcement, for anyone that may have seen it before, it said Saturday night, but I mean't Sunday night.

I have started the network maintenance after an extensive planning session, each server will be going down for a for seconds, one at a time, I am tracing each one as I change out the network, to insure it comes back up.

So far these are done with network maintenance:
Oracle1
unix7
mail4
win2
mssql6
win12
unix6

Status update

So far we have these complete on network maintenance:

Oracle1
unix7
mail4
win2
mssql6
win12
unix6
vps3
unix8
mail3
mssql4
win8
unix3
unix1
win5
unix2

Whew, long night, something happened and we ran a bit short on structured cabling systems. I am getting more tomorrow and will have to finish the remaining servers between 11pm, and 3am tomorrow evening, the server network maintenance that is complete and will not be affected tomorrow includes:
Oracle1
unix7
mail4
win2
mssql6
win12
unix6
vps3
unix8
mail3
mssql4
win8
unix3
unix1
win5
unix2
win7
standby
wincf
mail1
mssql2
unix5
win6
win10
win11

We have rescheduled these tasks for Tuesday 11PM to Wednesday 3AM. The rescheduling is due to the fact that we are waiting on some new patches to be released which we'll include in our update

Win2 is rebooting right now, and then I am through for the evening. Some of the servers did not require a restart after the patches, but Win13 and Win2, did.

All maintenance is complete. There was just about 10 seconds of network outage as I moved a main gigabit cross connect, it is back up and 100% functional now.

Back