Sending Emails with PHP

About a week ago a php page on my site has stopped being able to send emails via the @mail functions. Prior to this, the page had worked fine for over a year. The page is supposed to email the results of a test taken to 3 different email addresses. The page has been returning an error message which is setup to show if the @mail function does not work.

I submitted a ticket and tried to get assistance via live chat but the help so far has been assuming the php code isn't working instead of an issue with php settings.

Within the past week or two has the server had its php settings reset or altered in any way (win21 I think)? I searched the forums for previous php/email issues and it sounds like the page shouldn't have even been able to email out period which makes the situation even more odd.

Yes, there is some changes made on sending mail on win21, let us know the the ticket number, we will provide you the steps how To enable smtp auth in PHPMailer.

In addition to that we'd like to migrate you OFF Win21 and onto a brand new server Win29, mention it in ticket and it will be done freely and quickly, but you will need to confirm a few quick things that can happen as a results(like SSL enabled sites may need SSL reinstalled) moves can generally be done with no downtime in 24-36 hours total.

Ticket number is ANS-42811-324 for phpmailer
For some reason the ticket doesn't show in our ticket history and the contact email isn't mine tho i was forwarded the emails from techsupport and replied via my own email address.

What will be the benefit to switching to the new server (besides shinyness). Someone helping us with the problem mentioned the smtp settings within php might have been changed? Is this what caused it to stop working?

Your current server(win21) has been under the continual distributed denial of service attack for over a month now. One of the main services being attacked now on that server is the SMTP Service. We've had to put some strict limits that are affecting some applications. We would like to eventually get every one off of this server and onto the new server as it is the main IP address that is being attacked.

We did not change the php settings only the SMTP settings, if you change to the new server you'll not have to make any changes in your application, it'll work as configured now.

nytefall, just send an email to techsupport AT jodohost.com and we will get it.

I did previously but never got a response. I will do it again. Thanks for all the help. Was there a bulletin I missed somewhere about the ddos that I could have figured out what was wrong through?

Back