Server Access Denied

M

manju

hi,
i am using following code for database connectivity of my .net application

Dim a As New OleDb.OleDbConnection
a.ConnectionString = "User ID=sa;Data Source=REPORTS;Tag with column collation when possible=False;Initial Catalog=e-TRACK;Use Procedure for Prepare=1;Auto Translate=True;Persist Security Info=False;Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Workstation ID=MURALEE;Use Encryption for Data=False;Packet Size=4096;"
a.Open()

but i received the following error

Source Error:

Line 44: Dim a As New OleDb.OleDbConnection
Line 45: a.ConnectionString = "User ID=sa;Data Source=REPORTS;Tag with column collation when possible=False;Initial Catalog=e-TRACK;Use Procedure for Prepare=1;Auto Translate=True;Persist Security Info=False;Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Workstation ID=MURALEE;Use Encryption for Data=False;Packet Size=4096;"
Line 46: a.Open()
Line 47: 'Put user code to initialize the page here
Line 48: End Sub

Stack Trace:

[OleDbException (0x80004005): [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.]
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.ProcessResults(Int32 hr)
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.InitializeProvider()
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open()
WebApplication1.login_etrack.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebApplication1\login_etrack.aspx.vb:46
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

I 'VE CREATED TABLES IN A REMOTE SERVER,SO I THINK IT IS NOT A PROBLEM OF not being recognized on the remote machine.
ANY BODY THERE TO HELP ME PLZZZZZZZZZZ

WITH REGARDS,

MANJU

Where do you specify the URI of the remote machine? I would expect to see "source=mssqln.mydomain.com;initial catalog=REPORTS;".

Also, just curious as to why, if this is a SQL Server DB, you are using OLEDB classes instead of the SQL classes to connect.

Back