this is very good speed,
Please check again and explain the issue'

Hmmm....39KB/Second.......

One would think the issue was obvious..................z

Stephen said:
Zardiw,

That is fast on their link :)

What are they using 28KB MODEMS?????

I have DSL, and latest speed check I did about 2 minutes ago say's I've got a download speed of 192KB/second.

I've been having slow server response/transfer speeds on ALL my sites..............

I thought when I moved to JodoHost I was doing a GOOD thing............but I'm starting to have my doubts............z

BTW 39KB/s is about 312k/s, and they are on a shared office 512k connection, so 312 on a 512 connection shared by the others in the office that are working is quite great for them. 192KB/s is 2 megabit, and not bad at all.

Stephen said:
BTW 39kb/s is about 312k/s, and they are on a shared office 512k connection, so 312 on a 512 connection shared by the others in the office that are working is quite great for them. 192kb/s is 2 megabit, and not bad at all.

I really don't care what their speed is or how 'great' they think it is.

I'm concerned about what my customers think!!

And 39KB/second, which is what I'm getting also, is unacceptable by today's standards.

Besides, not only is it slow, but it HANGS frequently........z

Stephen said:
Zardiw, 192KB/s is about 2mb/s, that is not bad at all.

Maybe I didn't make it clear.....that's my speed on OTHER sites, NOT on MY sites at Jodo...............in fact I stopped measuring it after it kept hanging..............

And when I submitted a trouble ticket the above was the response............

One would think that tech reps at a 'I don't know how many sites' hosting company would have access to the internet that is 'comparable' with the normal 'vanilla flavored' user of today..............z

Zardiw,

512k is comparable to many today, I am not going to be here and argue with you about things, I will post a screenshot of the download you send me via PM if you will send me one, but I have to leave for about 20 minutes at the moment. I will post it when I get back.

I actually have and use a terrible comcast 6mb service, but at least it is working now.

I dont get this thread.
Is the poster saying that they are getting slow speeds, or 39kb/s off a site hosted at jodo? Or am i off the mark?
Slightly confusing first post.

Thanks

Support replied saying they tested downloaing and it was 39kb/s, which is nearing as fast as a sharedn office connection can go when you have multiple techs working off of a 512k dedicated connection.

I have tested some files I put in place myself, and can download at over 230kb/s to comcast, and am about to run a test from home in Texas as well as from the office here in Miami.

Attached is the download from 1.5MB Verizon DSL in Texas, anda paste from the office connection.

Stephen@afle~
$ wget http://www.win10monitor.jodoshared.com/testfile.zip
--19:41:35-- http://www.win10monitor.jodoshared.com/testfile.zip
=> `testfile.zip'
Resolving www.win10monitor.jodoshared.com... 204.14.108.240
Connecting to www.win10monitor.jodoshared.com|204.14.108.240|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 3,878,072 (3.7M) [application/x-zip-compressed]

100%[====================================>] 3,878,072 1.46M/s

19:41:37 (1.46 MB/s) - `testfile.zip' saved [3878072/3878072]

Stephen@afle ~
$

Notice that is 1.46MB as in MEGA BYTES, not megabits.

Attachments

• tx1-5mbdsl.jpg
    tx1-5mbdsl.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 30
Here is the download from the office, that is 8 hops out from the network, but in Miami, to your file that you had given support:

19:46:32 (2.79 MB/s) - `LeptoglossusBrostlandii2.AVI' saved [9704550/9704550]

Back