Setting up an ASP.NET page

dx4

Guppy
Hello everyone.
Yesterday I bought hosting on jodohost.com. Im trying to set up my asp.net page. Unfortunately I can't. When I upload the whole web app it says that it cannot show the actual error because of security reasons. When I try to connect using Visual Studio .NET it says it cannot create a folder called _vti_ and I forgot the last part of the name.
I hope someone can help as the support hasnt responded to me since yesterday after an email and a trouble ticket.

EDIT:
I found your ticket. It seems it was missed out. Sorry for that.

In the first case, were you uploading via a FTP client? What FTP client are you using

For VS.NET, i suggest you manually create that folder and try uploading again

Im using FileZilla, by far the best FTP program I have ever seen :).

Ill try doing that, will see if it helps.

That is a very strange error you are receiving (filezilla one). Have you ensure you are using PORT mode to connect?

Im sorry, I didnt explain it well. Uploading is fine, but when navigating to the page that error shows. I tried doing what it says, editing the web.config file to allow seeing errors but still it didnt work.
Sorry for the confusion about that error.

Have you ensured you have uploaded your files in the domain directory and not in the root or sub folder?

Also, have you ensure that you compiled your software properly before uploading?

Please resubmit your ticket and I'll look into your directory

Yes, it is in the domain directory.
I compiled it into release mode, it should work. It works on my local computer without problems. Also, after deleting after trying the web app the bin directory became uneditable. Can't do anything to it, upload to it, delete it, dlete from it or anything.
I will resubmit it, thanks.

Maybe it will help maybe not. But here my 2 cents, since I already came through setup ASP.NET web site.

First of all enable debug information in your Web.config file (set customErrors to "off"). This should give you some more information on error. If it is enabled, or you get the same uninformative page, then the problem is in Web.config file itself. For example when installing ASP.NET forums (by MS), you should get rid of the mobile settings, as they are not supported by Jodohost. So if the case is the Web.config file, then try removing a code from it line by line and each time check if it works. This way you'll find out where the problem is.

Just a comment here... I don't use Visual Studio to upload my site. I just use FTP to copy the relevant files to my web site. I don't have Frontpage Extentions enabled. Don't use them, don't need them. It is a little more work doing it this way but it is cleaner.

Back