Setting values of 2 combo boxes w/ same row source and eliminating duplicates

etalent

Guppy
I've got two combo boxes that work really closely to what I want, but they've still got 2 problems:

(1) When you make a selection with one combo box, the value of the other combo box should be (programatically) set, but as it is now I have to select the right value from each combo box individually.

Both combo boxes get their values from the same table, same record, but different columns, so it seems easy that when the value of one combo box gets set, the other should too automatically.

(2) Both combo boxes have duplicates in their drop down lists. How do I fix that?

This forum doesn't support an attachement of 250 KB. Please let me sent it to you.

Thanks!
- Dave

Alphabetical record navigation on mouse up event of label

I've got a table with a column of text that is sorted alphabetically. On a form I've got 26 one letter labels of "A" through "Z."

I want to click any of the letters to navigate through the alpabetically sorted records. The "on mouse up" event seems to be the most sensible event to program. How? I have no idea.

Here is an example of what I want to happen:

Table "tblInfinitives" has 35 records that are sorted alphabetically on text field "fldInfEng." Let's say that the first record starting with the letter "e" in field "fldInfEng" is "eat."

Form "frmVerbs" has on it 26 one letter labels of "A" through "Z.." If I click the "E" letter, I should be (record) navigated over to "eat."

I've sent the (219 KB) database to you.

Thanks,
- Dave

Here is the best way to do this. When a user clicks a letter you repost and only show the results. For example, If I should click A then what the system should do is a query on the database looking for records in that column "like" 'A%' and it will return all those records.

Back