Shared SSL Certificate

Since the win5 incident I'm getting an alert when trying to view my websites using the shared ssl alias:

"The security prompt tells me that the certificate cannot be verified up to a trusted certification authority."
What does this mean? This was not the case before the win5 meltdown and I'm sure it's putting customers off.

My Guess...

The original ssl certificate is machine dependent and would have been destroyed in the meltdown. That is a temporary cert created by h-sphere until they re-purchase or are re-issued a new actual ssl cert.

jimsau said:
My Guess...

The original ssl certificate is machine dependent and would have been destroyed in the meltdown. That is a temporary cert created by h-sphere until they re-purchase or are re-issued a new actual ssl cert.

Thanks Jim - sounds likely. However, my ear is still being bent by clients who are rightly still very upset that not everything is working as it should.

Can someone please verify or explain and please give an estimate as to when this will be fixed.

Thanks

I don't blame them, I am getting my arse chewed for the e-mail system not hardly working by mine as well.

I was on win six but since win5's failure none of my or my clients e-mails are working correctly and the cp was down for some time.

At this point I am not sure that sub.domain creation is even working correctly in the cp. Answers from support are not happening either.

No, this means that the Certificate Authority file has not been installed on the server. Submit a ticket with that file and we'll install it immediately

Yash said:
No, this means that the Certificate Authority file has not been installed on the server. Submit a ticket with that file and we'll install it immediately

Yash - I'm talking about the SHARED certificate. Surely you have that file? I certainly don't!

Back