Site came up

My site has been down for about 5 hours and just came up. Thankfully, this was announced on your network status page, and I have no problem with that. What I want to know is, have the IPs for name servers changed since last week? Are they going to change?

I could not get the control panel otherwise I would have verified it myself.

Thanks.

P.S. I just noticed that I can't still logon to ftp. It says "connection failed to win4.jodohost.com.

There was some miscommunication between us and PSOFT. This should have been announced well in advance.

The IPs for the name servers have not changed. The only thing that has changed is the Shared IPs. If you ping your websites now, you'd see they are directly going to the new IPs provided that you have changed the name server settings of your domains to:

ns1.jodohost.net - 69.61.29.137
ns2.jodohost.net - 69.61.29.241

For FTP, change host name from win4.jodohost.com to yourdomain.com. That'd do the trick. A detailed announcement is due out shortly.

glad this went through without any problems :)

I've noticed my site has gotten a little bit faster. Anyone else feeling the same?

FreeWilly said:
I've noticed my site has gotten a little bit faster. Anyone else feeling the same?

Oh yes, you'd definately notice improvement in site speed if your site is now pinging to the new IPs (69.*). This is because previously the redirect scripts were in place and could only route to two carriers. Now all four carriers come into play (at the PA datacenter) as well as all requests go directly to the main servers and are answered directly by them.

However, the change in speed will be more noticable in a few days from now when we take down the servers in Atlanta.

Back