site running web14/mysql8 down all day, no response from tech support

Hi, I have a site running web14/mysql8 that's been down all day, I get no response from tech support so far, RS #BEZ-98488-397. Site is running ZenCart and can't connect to database. I can't login to PhpMyAdmin to try to fix database problems either...

Hi, I have a site running web14/mysql8 that's been down all day, I get no response from tech support so far, RS #BEZ-98488-397. Site is running ZenCart and can't connect to database. I can't login to PhpMyAdmin to try to fix database problems either...
I will check the ticket to ensure it is in the right place, but did you use an IP based connection? If so please refer to our emailed list or thread:
http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?t=22877

Christina - if it's any consolation. I have a few Joomla sites on Web 4 using MySQL8 and they are all fine, so I don't think MySQL8 may be the problem. Perhaps it's a snag more related to Web14?

Fixed.It was not a mysql server issue but a problem with this database only.
Database user was locked with max 30 connections and also one table was crashed that has been repaired.

Last night I had 3 different stores running ZenCart go down because the "who's online" table crashed. I looked in the ZenCart forums and they said:

"Those are probably the two tables that get the most "write" traffic, and are thus the most vulnerable to corruption if the database server hiccups in the middle of a "write".

Who's your hosting company?

That kind of repeat table corruption typically only happens on servers whose MySQL engine can't handle the volume of traffic coming to it. An overloaded server or poorly-tuned server could have that sort of problem regularly. If the server's database system is hiccuping regularly, you'll end up with table corruption regularly too."​

Is this information correct? Are our servers overloaded?

That particular table has crashed on numerous sites 3-4 times since the migration???? But not before the migration...

It isn't overloaded at all, but it did move to a virtualized cloud environment, and there could be some tweaks needed. I don't know the extent of this or anything as its not really my realm, but it can/should/will be checked.

Thank you. Will someone let me know what they find. Or should I submit a ticket about this?
We are going to check it, but open a ticket if you wish as well, but it will go to hold for a while as it is checked that I know.

Back