Softaculous on HShere (Replacement of EasyApp)

I was on HShere site and found they have had Softaculous intigrated since version 3.41. has very useful scriptd to install forums, blogs, CMS etc.
Is JodoHost planning to add it in near future?
If not, it says it can be installed manually...is there a way for me to do it?

Thanks

We won't be installing it. All of these app installers don't stay updated and end up causing more damage than help. Sure you can install an app, but then as a host your customers hold you 'liable' even though you simply made it easy for them to deply, for keeping it 'updated' when it is not the hosts job to design/maintain/update their website as well.

You also run into the issue where people just go install crazy, decide not to use any of them and leave them laying around in directories, they get found and hacked via them and go 'oh but I wasn't even using it!' right you don't have to be using something for it to cause problems on the rest of your site.

These app installs don't take that long and following the directions helps you know how to update it later.

Next thing is, there is really no future in the app, as Parallels has their own APS deployment platform there isn't really anywhere for the direction of the app to go in a place that doesn't maintain it or anything.

Back