spam assassin

snooper

Perch
hi all.

i just knocked my spam assassin settings up a notch (to aggresive, and maxscore to nuetral).

i then send a message to a Yahoogroup i am a member of, from Outlook. i got it back (as part of the group) with it being blocked as spam, with the following reasons:

Content analysis details: (7.0 points, 4.0 required)

pts rule name description
---- ---------------------- --------------------------------------------------
0.3 HTML_60_70 BODY: Message is 60% to 70% HTML
0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
0.4 MIME_HTML_ONLY BODY: Message only has text/html MIME parts
3.2 FORGED_OUTLOOK_HTML Outlook can't send HTML message only
3.0 FORGED_OUTLOOK_TAGS Outlook can't send HTML in this format

with emphasis on the last 2 in the list: forged outlook. it cant be forged, seen as it really DID originate from outlook.

what can be done about this?
i am getting killed by spam, and really need to do something - without risking getting mails deleted without me knowing, and also , somehow, with getting few false positives as possible (like not really forged outlook messages!)

any ideas?

thanks

This is something that will have to be discussed among SA rules group, I THINK it is saying it is forged because it gets forwarded.

Stephen said:
This is something that will have to be discussed among SA rules group, I THINK it is saying it is forged because it gets forwarded.
what an SA rules group?

the weird thing is that on this Yahoogroup, some mails come thru ok, and some are marked as spam.

I have a client also having a big problem with this.

This is from headers of mail marked as Spam:
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Web Access 6.5.7232.53
X-MimeCtl: Produced By Microsoft Exchange V6.5.7232.53
(these headers are correct)

Spam Assassin says this:
3.0 FORGED_OUTLOOK_TAGS Outlook can't send HTML in
this format

which is enough to mark it as spam when combined with another couple of small things.

So I guess this is sent through the Outlook Web Access edition, but SA is treating it as normal Outlook.

I am owner of many groups in egroups/yahoo.

The problem is you are sending NON TEXT, aka HTML messages. Search in that way. I solution the problem making ONLY TEXT and MIME format i found it in one site, and move my OUTCOMING Mail for a gmail account.

Licantropo said:
you can do it putting text without format in sending options.

This is a good solution if the recipient has control over all senders, but this is not the case. This is a problem for those receiving mail. They cannot control the format that the mail is sent in. The Spam Assassin rules should not penalize a common and legitimate form of sending mail as spam.

Yes, i think so.

As Far i remember, smap assasin have a "meta method" and can "exent" the evaluation if u made a process dedicated to calculate roots or primal numbers, is a tax in time or similar because the spammer send too much mails and cant do it.

Back