SPF, DKIM and other protections

brawney

Perch
I know it's possible to setup SPF on our domains. Was wondering is JH supported domain keys. Is there any other protections we can add?

I just opened a ticket (Ticket ID: BNX-87850-632) because DKIM is not working correctly on my domain. I've been doing tests with port25.com, elandsys.com and sendmail.net and DKIM is showing as failed from every one of those companies. Analyzing the report gave me an idea of how I could add an additional DNS record to my domain, so I did that and tested again and it actually made things worse. So I know what I did is not good, but apparently the JH setup in my DNS isn't good either.

I'm not using Horde to send mail, but testing shows that using Horde results in no DKIM information in the mail header (none).

These DKIM issues and the forwarding SPF failures (mentioned in another thread) are getting frustrating. I'm trying to make sure our email is using SPF and DKIM in the correct way so that it has the best chance possible to be delivered, but so far I have not had much success. Any help you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks.

Well, support reworked my DKIM key and made some changes to my DNS records, but in the end they made things worse. Not only is DKIM not working, but SPF is also broken now. I've asked them to just remove all DKIM settings from my domain and put the original SPF record back in the DNS. It's clear that Parallels software simply can't handle this kind of email security so I'm giving up. It looks like CPanel is way ahead in this area but JH doesn't use CPanel.

Back