SQL Problems

r0ck1t

Perch
Hi,

Is there a problem with the MSSQL server?

I cannot access the server from Enterprise Manager or the sqladmin tool.

Thanks,
Luke.

Hi,

The error is:

SQL Server does not exist or access is denied.

For sqladmin it has some code problem about a COM object or somehting.

Thanks,
Luke.

sqladmin.jodohost.com is not working - dont use it
Use aspenterprisemanager.com to access your database

Are you sure this isn't related to your username/password?

Hi,

I just re-entered my username and password ito the Server Registration in Enterprise Manager and it says the same thing.

I think might be a DNS issue with my ISP or somehting, I have tried to contact their support about it to no avail. If I try to connect using my reseller domain it fails, but if I use jodoshared it works fine.

Coincidentally, my mail server was again unreachable this morning, hence the conclusion that if nothing is wrong with the SQL Server, that my ISP has DNS problems.

I will wait to see if I can get a response from my ISP.

Thanks,
Luke.

Yes, I'm pretty sure this is with your ISP. You are unable to access your control panel from time to time as well even when everyone else can

The mail server was definately NOT down today and the SQL server is working absolutely fine at the moment

Use www.dnsstuff.com to check whether your host names are resolving fine

Yeah I did that earlier, and they were OK. I also tried pinging from here just then, I get about 95% packet loss and the pings I do get back are about 3500ms, so I am guessing there is somethting seriously wrong with my ISP at the moment.

Since I don't seem to have too much trouble - apart from how slow it is ;) - accessing using the jodoshared domain, I will simply use that for now. Unless there is a problem with that?

Thanks,
Luke.

wow... who's your ISP?
Can you give me a traceroute and I'll forward this to our datacenter as well so that they can take a look

I use a smallish Australian ISP called OzForces. They are running through the COMindico network, a relatively new backbone network that has been unable to upgrade their network fast enough to cope with demand.

I have had poor service days but never anything as bad as the last few weeks, mail and SQL as well as the CP server's all being inaccesible, other websites aswell. It's a real pain.

I would love to give you a traceroute, but it times out on every hop.

Thanks,
Luke.

Back