SQL Server Agent Jobs

gregger

Guppy
I found an old thread asking about setting up SQL Agent Jobs, and it looked like that could be accommodated. Can someone verify whether that can still be done? I would like to (eventually) set up a job to run a simple stored procedure every night, if possible. Thanks in advance,

As long as not exceeding the cost estimate and only done nightly we can do it in limited fashion, what I mean is at our discretion on this, we will evaluate and ensure it is not going to cause harm to other DB's etc.

Can i re-open this question? When i asked about it via a ticket, I just got a "no". Basically i just have a stored procedure (very low cost) that i want to run nightly. If a SQL job isn't possible, are there any other options? Right now i'm running it by hand daily -- not ideal, of course.

Poor man's scheduler:

Setup something like mon.itor.us to check your site with a url like www.mysite.com/checkstatus.aspx and then on your page check the time for hours between midnight and 1am or whatever and execute the query and log it so it doesn't run again that day...

Back