SQL Server does not exist or access denied

idhost

Guppy
Hi All,

I m having this problem today....

I was accessing to the site this morning and it has nothing wrong. Then I tried access it again this afternoon, there's an error shows:

SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

I have not touch in anyway to the scripts on the site. Everything is remains the same...

I have reated a ticket few hours ago, still got no response. Could anyone help me?? :(

i used to get an error like this all the time before they upgraded the SQL servers to the latest ones

am guessing you use ASP.Net, i use ASP3 so i think thats why the errors are slightly different,

but when i got this, it tended to mean my database had strangely vanished

check your CP, if the quota for your database is "unavailible" or something other than numbers, then your DB doesnt excist...

you'll need to open a ticket to get the DB restored

but - there was problems with an SQL DB (its on network outages forum) i think it was MSSQL4 - so it might just be networking issues and thats why you cant connect

Thanks Scotty,

Yes it is ASP.NET

I have checked and here is the info in the Quota section:
Database/Transaction Log file quota ratio 50 %
Used database file 4 MB out of 10 MB
Used transaction log file 1 MB out of 10 MB
Used total 5 MB out of 20 MB

I have viewd the forum where mentioned the problem of MSSQL4, there's a post saying that the problem has been solved. So I m quite confused..

Thanks again for your kindness.

I have been working with ASP.NET for a while now and what they have to do is recycle the app pool. They don't have to restart or shutdown, all they have to do is right click on the pool and recycle. I have seen this problem a lot when it comes to using microsofts load balancing stuff, for some reason the pool gets out of wack.

Use an IP address, it should fix the issue

We are working on the ticket and the issue. We have 3 techs in right now

I couldnt use IP address "204.10.x.x" as it shows Page cannot be Found in IE and Directory Listing Denied in Firefox.

What IP you suggest which may work?

We are not programmer ourself... so this will need to do by the development company... a bit hard for us.

Thanks for your suggestion anyway...

Hoping that the issue will be fixed soon.

We are also facing the similar problem
Unable to connect to MSSQL3.

Please help

Ashish Kumar

idhost said:
Hi All,

I m having this problem today....

I was accessing to the site this morning and it has nothing wrong. Then I tried access it again this afternoon, there's an error shows:

SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

I have not touch in anyway to the scripts on the site. Everything is remains the same...

I have reated a ticket few hours ago, still got no response. Could anyone help me?? :(

idhost said:
We are not programmer ourself... so this will need to do by the development company... a bit hard for us.

Thanks for your suggestion anyway...

Hoping that the issue will be fixed soon.

Usually most developers will put this information in your web.config file. Open that file in notepad (if you don't have Visual Studio) and look for the servername and change it to the ip number.

All of the inter-server communications should be properly restored now.

Yash said this before, but I am just stating it once again. :)

Back