SQL1 running like a dog

is there any way MSSQL2 can get this modification? it takes on average about 5-10 minutes for it to load the uselessly long database list in EM. just wondering ;)

Yes, every server will have this shortly, I was just wanting to make sure there were no undocumented issues. As for the system databases,they are just ones that everyone can see, northwind is one that everyone can use, it is quite useless and can be ignored.

mines running sweet as apple pie!

have had a few of the other pages load in 6-10 seconds, but they were 1-offs and a rarity.

Still crossing my fingers

stored procedures are running a bit slow.

Within my forums, the All Forums page now runs fast, but u select a forum such as the General Chat one and it runs some stored procedures which update the forums table with the last post, number of posts, etc. These stored procedures and queries are taking a long time.

Averaging around 5 seconds, topping out at about 20 sometimes (Ive just been skipping around testing).

See this link...
http://www.bikechat.net/sites/bikec...ics.asp?ForumID=2&PagePosition=1&ThreadPage=1

Try it a few times too, over an hour or so

I will test all of this and profile it as mentioned in private. Hopefully we can find what SP is running slowly.

with all the 5 and 10 minutes loss of performance, i never get to your live support in time, so by the time i get to them the sites fine.

Is there no stats jobs running? Cant you look back at whats caused issues?

mdeemer, I fail to understand the source of your downtime. Other sites on sql1 including webwizguide are working perfectly.

I'll however configure our monitoring system to monitor your website and see if we can catch any issue

thanks mate.

It just goes down once every so often, for like 5 to 20 minutes. During this time any page using a connection to MSSQL1 takes ages to load, often timing out. This can happen when theres nobody on my website so its not my usage/processing capacity.

Thanks for setting up a monitor

gone again - not many people online either.

????

Some pages just arent even loading now, just constantly waiting for them here.

Some loading in a long time, like 20-30 seconds

now its running at lightspeed again!

PS: When i tell you load times, i mean on the server not download. Ive got a timer on each page (Starts at top, finishes at bottom - and is displayed on each page).

Back