SSL cert ticket

whityum

Guppy
It seems every time I have a ticket out for more than an hour it takes days to resolve. It takes about 30 seconds to install a cert on IIS but my ticket has been in since noon and it's after 9:00, and since Shubham couldn't figure it out my ticket has been sitting in limbo. What is the status of this ticket? My client has called me 4 times and emailed me about 20. IJS-65613-812

this seems really unprofessional, he couldn't figure out a pair of plain text files?

Could you please paste private keys here in ticket with your reply instead of sending as a attachment.
Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Private key and SSL certificate doesn't match which has been provided in the ticket. We have already reply you to provide the correct private key and certificate. Then we will able to install it.

you're lying, i sent you a screen shot of the tool you sent me to check if they matched and they do, you do not know how to install the certificate.

you're lying, i sent you a screen shot of the tool you sent me to check if they matched and they do, you do not know how to install the certificate.
:eek:

This really isn't the case at all, the problem is more on how content gets changed sometimes in the copy/paste even a single space extra before or after can make it fail.

Hopefully we'll have this to a point we won't have to install every SSL cert before too long.

I can post the whole ticket if you want, I attached 2 text files generated by the certificate company, Subham said they did not match and sent me the tool to check, I checked using the files I uploaded to the ticket (as I was on another computer and did not have access to the originals), they matched.
http://montyjasper.com/images/keymatch1.png

You guys really need to stop doing damage control in the forums and service your customers.

Now I get this response after 8 hours, escalate this ticket to someone who can install a private key and SSL cert, this is a standard 2048 bit SHA1 hash private key and a standard SSL cert:

Mon Aug 27 2012 10:34PM by whityum
they want to charge me a $25.00 fee to revoke and reissue the certificate, this is a standard 2048 bit SHA1 hash, please escalate this ticket to someone who can install this certificate, it's the same type of one that I had installed last year.

Client IP: 69.47.52.187

Mon Aug 27 2012 10:58PM by [email protected]
Hello,

We are working on your request and it will take time to resolve. Once the issue will fixed, we will update you again as soon as possible.

Please feel free to contact us for further assistance.

With Regards,
Dipesh

Tue Aug 28 2012 07:18AM by [email protected]
Hello,

When we try to match the ssl certificate and private key in correct format, it is showing the error message that the certification and key does not match hence we can not import the certificate. If you want then we can generate a new CSR for the exiting expired certificate and you can renew the certificate.

Please feel free to contact us for further assistance.

With Regards,
Dipesh
E

We apologize for the delay in response, We have updated your ticket with mention error message which one we are getting at our end. Kindly check it and update us.

Whityum,

There is nothing about 'damage control'

We've taken keys and certs and made PFX files many many times, it is simply not working to do so for your certificates here, so it won't complete the import process.

This is something we do on a regular basis, it isn't like it is 'difficult' or hard to achieve, we all know how and do it often.

I have personally verified using openSSL on windows, and on linux, that the files you provided did not match to enable the export. I am sorry that it didn't match, but it just did not match up from the attached, or the pasted copy.

Notably on this, the certificate portion has a different hash on your results than on our side.

Seeing if the file you sent now will import in now and we can get this rolling...

Cert good till 2013 now, but IIS isn't seeming to load with it....

btw that not loading issue fixed for a while now as well.

Back