stats server?

yorri

Perch
One of the hosts I was using used Awstats as a stats program. It's FREE :)

http://awstats.sourceforge.net/

I haven't used webalizer before so I will wait to see if I am happy with it, but Awstats was really nice and real time. Don't like the idea of waiting an hour.

Guess I will learn to be patient :)

Are you looking into adding realtime stats?

We'll surely have a look at it. we actually wanted to go for LiveStats sooner or later but we are going to have to address compatibility issues between HSphere and it first

We're hoping too. The problem with HSphere is that it just supports Webalizer. The challenge would be to try to get it to recognize LiveStats as well. If we don't get it to work with Hsphere, we would have to manually create a livestats account for each domain added to the server, upon the request of that customer. Considering how many domains that are deleted and added to our servers every day, it would be a real problem.

I understand..

Honestly I prefer awstats to livestats...just a personal preference though.

Awstats uses Perl..so if you have a Perl developer (unfortunately I am not), I am sure you could get a script running that automates it.

My concern would also be not to add extra cost to my account especially since it was mentioned in another thread that you would charge extra for livestats.

If we do introduce it, we would probably have it free with one domain. For Extra domains, it would cost. That's a long way off at the moment though

We'll be looking at awstats on Monday.

Back