Streaming media

r0ck1t

Perch
Hey,

Just want to know if it's possible/allowed to have streaming media, more specifically video with audio from live concerts?

I would like to capture footage and encode it in some high-quality/low-bitrate format and stream to a file on the server and let my users watch it with only a minute or so of delay?

Or at least be able to encode the whole thing after the event and let users stream it from the server later.

Are either of these allowed or possible?

We offer no streaming support at the moment. Setting up a streaming server is an investment of $10000 in software and another $1500/month for a dedicated 100Mbps port. Surely you don't expect us to offer that at $6.99/month ;)

You can stream your files over HTTP however

Expect: No
Wish: Yes :D

When you say at the moment, does that imply that you plan to offer it in the future?

Well, the idea of introducing a streaming server, Oracle 9i database support and ms exchange is being floated around. But any actual plans for it is sometime down the road

Yash said:
Well, the idea of introducing a streaming server, Oracle 9i database support and ms exchange is being floated around. But any actual plans for it is sometime down the road
This is off topic for this thread, but put down my vote for Exchange availability if the cost is reasonable! That would be so cool...

Back