Sub Domain Question

jimsau

Perch
When my site goes active www.myhosting.com would a sub domain of forum.mysite.com also start working if it has been created? Or should I have done something somewhere else because it is not working.

Most of the times sub domains will start working right away... A few examples where it might not are 1) when you have tried to go to that sub domain before it was created and you?re ISP or your computer has a cached DNS that does not point to the correct server or 2) If you change it to a static IP from a shared IP right after it is setup. You can try going to > Start > Run > cmd > ipconfig /flushdns in any case it should fix it self with in 24-48 hours.

I created it 3 days ago, before the domain had actually moved. Now the domain is pointed to the new site but the sub domain is dead. It will not even work through the Instant access domain alias that was created for it in websphere.

WebDeveloper said:
Try deleting it and then recreating it, that might work

Apparently they switched servers for me and I didnt get the message. So I have been cussing everything this morning trying to update my files after they started working and since dreamweaver was still pointing to my win6 instead of the IP I was updating the old files on the old server I guess.

if you never asked for your servers to be changed, we never changed it

I'm pretty sure this could be propogation for you

Back